Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:24 AM

Hello and thanks for all of your help. I sent a copy of my birth certificate and my marriage license, along with my passport to the Warden and to the visitation approval office and we will see how it goes. I am not too sure what form i filled out as it is now with the facility. What frustrates me is that how can KVSP approve me and HDSP disapprove me. It's is all CDCR. Now i wait. Both should have received my identification and my letter. Fingers crossed that it works out. If not, then i guess i will need to go to the police station and have them do a background check on me and have them mail it to HDSP.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2017, 05:50 PM

If you were approved at KVSP, why are you having to reapply at HDSP? His approval follows him. I would call and speak to the visiting Lieutenant, not the visiting staff and ask them since you have been approved at KVSP, why are they making you go thru the approval process again? At this point all denails go to the warden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful2724 View Post
Hello and thanks for all of your help. I sent a copy of my birth certificate and my marriage license, along with my passport to the Warden and to the visitation approval office and we will see how it goes. I am not too sure what form i filled out as it is now with the facility. What frustrates me is that how can KVSP approve me and HDSP disapprove me. It's is all CDCR. Now i wait. Both should have received my identification and my letter. Fingers crossed that it works out. If not, then i guess i will need to go to the police station and have them do a background check on me and have them mail it to HDSP.

Last edited by demlo44; 09-01-2017 at 05:52 PM..
Old 09-01-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demlo44 View Post
She has visited before under a different name, and she is saying the 106 form didn't ask her that question. SO i am wondering what form she filled out to visit because it has always asked the question. If that question was answered it should of found her under the other name.
Oh, thanks for point that out. I missed that part. If she has already been approved before then her approval should follow her. Not sure why she is getting all this slack and red tape. It shouldn't even be an issue.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:05 PM

Thanks everyone for your help. I sent a letter to the warden and received a phone call today from the visiting Sargeant. He said it's hard to do the backgrounds on Canadians but he has approved me. He said that he will send me a letter and also a letter from the Warden stating that I am approved. He said that if my passport wasn't valid then i could not enter the country anyways. It's a brand new passport. Either way, I am relieved and i can now start to plan my visit to see him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopeful2724 For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-08-2017), sidewalker (09-11-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 05:47 PM

I am wondering if you were approved to see him before why did you have to reapply? I bet you that they found you in the system.

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your help. I sent a letter to the warden and received a phone call today from the visiting Sargeant. He said it's hard to do the backgrounds on Canadians but he has approved me. He said that he will send me a letter and also a letter from the Warden stating that I am approved. He said that if my passport wasn't valid then i could not enter the country anyways. It's a brand new passport. Either way, I am relieved and i can now start to plan my visit to see him.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demlo44 View Post
I am wondering if you were approved to see him before why did you have to reapply? I bet you that they found you in the system.
Hello I was approved for another facility in California. My penpal. Two different inmates. 2 different facilities. I'm just glad it is done with and i can now make plans to go and see him finally.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
2. Go to my local police station and pay for a criminal background check and have them send it directly to the visitation (so it is not tampered with) with the inmates name and that might work.
This is how I had to go by. I'm from Germany and certainly, they couldn't find any information about me either. So I sent in a criminal record certificate saying that I'm a good girl, and then they approved me.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Tudor View Post
This is how I had to go by. I'm from Germany and certainly, they couldn't find any information about me either. So I sent in a criminal record certificate saying that I'm a good girl, and then they approved me.
Hello and thanks for the info. My letter to the warden worked as i sent in my identification. I am now approved finally. The whole process has taken me almost 4 months but I am just glad it is all over.
The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful2724 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-11-2017)