Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:35 PM

Default CorrLinks Video Chat: How much does it cost? How long are the video chats?

My new pen-pal has mentioned that there is the option for video visits at her facility. I'm not quite ready for that yet, and I expressed that to her. However, out of curiosity, I would like to know what the cost would be on her end and how long the visit would be. Does anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2017, 06:26 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,436 Times in 2,933 Posts

Hi there here is the information about corrlinks video visits
http://www.corrlinkssupport.com/corr...-with-inmates/
The visits seem to be 25 minutes long and it would free to you but she would need to pay. I cant find any cost details but your friend should know.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 05-08-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerparity View Post
My new pen-pal has mentioned that there is the option for video visits at her facility. I'm not quite ready for that yet, and I expressed that to her. However, out of curiosity, I would like to know what the cost would be on her end and how long the visit would be. Does anyone know?
What facility is yours located at?

Where mine is at, it is $10 per video session and it last 25 minutes.

Make sure to log in to Corrlinks and do a test run before each video to make sure the internet connection isn't too weak, this takes a couple of minutes so sign on at least 10-15 minutes ahead of time.
fbopnomore (05-09-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoursTrulyPB View Post
What facility is yours located at?

Where mine is at, it is $10 per video session and it last 25 minutes.

Make sure to log in to Corrlinks and do a test run before each video to make sure the internet connection isn't too weak, this takes a couple of minutes so sign on at least 10-15 minutes ahead of time.
How many video chats are the inmates allowed to have per week or per month? Does it count as a visit?
Old 08-24-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_hines822 View Post
How many video chats are the inmates allowed to have per week or per month? Does it count as a visit?
Inmates are allowed to do as many videos as they would like, But they're only allowed to have 3 scheduled at a time, But you could do them back to back or spread them out throughout the week (or even month if you don't want to do them often), also they have to be scheduled at least 4 days in advance.

Videos don't count as visits which is a bonus, they just have to pay for them, But it's a small price to pay to see your loved one every week. I see mine twice a week, talk on the phone once a week, visit one weekend out of the month and email everyday and it makes it feel like she's here even though she's not.
fbopnomore (08-25-2017), mrs_hines822 (08-25-2017), Telica05 (09-17-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoursTrulyPB View Post
Inmates are allowed to do as many videos as they would like, But they're only allowed to have 3 scheduled at a time, But you could do them back to back or spread them out throughout the week (or even month if you don't want to do them often), also they have to be scheduled at least 4 days in advance.

Videos don't count as visits which is a bonus, they just have to pay for them, But it's a small price to pay to see your loved one every week. I see mine twice a week, talk on the phone once a week, visit one weekend out of the month and email everyday and it makes it feel like she's here even though she's not.
Thank you for the information.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:44 PM

What facilities have video chat and when are the USP's getting it?