Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:22 AM

Default Information wanted about ASPC Kingman

I'm so glad all is well for you all! I'm sad. My hubby got moved to kingman. If anyone knows anything about this yard, please let me know. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krismini View Post
I'm so glad all is well for you all! I'm sad. My hubby got moved to kingman. If anyone knows anything about this yard, please let me know. Thanks!
If he is being released within a year they go to this yard it is only for those who are leaving soon and its a min/med yard. Mines went there. It's a better yard than Florence.
The Following User Says Thank You to waiting4him21 For This Useful Post:
Krismini (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
The yard is very nice and relaxed if they stay out of trouble. Visition goes by smoothly and quickly and the guards are very nice and friendly. This is a minimum/medium yard for those being released a year or less I believe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waiting4him21 For This Useful Post:
kevscousin (09-05-2017), Krismini (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 09:41 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,809 Times in 1,440 Posts

Quote:
I gave you your own thread in here as you are asking about a specific facility.

My husband was recently at Kingman. It's a private prison, so it's a little different than a true state run facility.

One thing you will see here is that everyone will have a different opinion about the facilities. I wasn't impressed with Kingman and my husband hated it there.
Fridyrr.Likn (03-23-2017), Krismini (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,935 Times in 995 Posts

I've heard some great things from Kingman and some not so great things...it's going to vary depending on who you talk to and what your LO's goals are.

Personally....I hope to NEVER see the inside of a private prison again. They aren't held to the same standard as true AZ yards. The staff turnover rate is ridiculous which leads to young, inexperienced, disrespectful CO's. Any infraction is amplified because the staff just don't know how to handle ADC disciplinary.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
IzzyLouWho (03-23-2017), Krismini (03-23-2017), waiting4him21 (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4him21 View Post
If he is being released within a year they go to this yard it is only for those who are leaving soon and its a min/med yard. Mines went there. It's a better yard than Florence.
Thanks for all of you sharing your thoughts. Makes me feel much better. You know how it is when you can't talk to your LO. fear can get the best of you. Thanks to you all! Be blessed!
The Following User Says Thank You to Krismini For This Useful Post:
waiting4him21 (03-23-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 03:03 AM
Liz

Quote:
Thanks for all of you sharing your thoughts. Makes me feel much better. You know how it is when you can't talk to your LO. fear can get the best of you. Thanks to you all! Be blessed!
My son has been there since 2013, first at Haulapai when it was a general medium (3) yard and then at Cerbat (since 2014).

You can be at Cerbat if you have 5 years or less left on your time. (Someone said one year, and that is incorrect.) My son started at Stiner so to him Kingman was a huge improvement. Most of those coming from a state yard have said the food is better at Kingman.

Like any place, the personality of people varies, but generally the guards are polite, decent, laid back, as long as the basic rules are followed and the inmates don't cause any big trouble. Those inmates who have an outside job were recently all put on one side (bldgs 1-5) to make it more streamlined. They have two visitation rooms, but when there aren't a lot of people, they combine them all into the one room. Otherwise, if you LO is in bldg 6-10 you head to the visit room on the right and bldg 1-5 to the left, once you enter the hallway. The only time I have had to deal with long lines has been food visits.

If you have any specific questions about Cerbat, send me a message and I will help as best I can. (If at the Huachuca Unit at Kingman, I don't have any information on it.)

Last edited by lizlizzie2; 04-03-2017 at 03:05 AM..
Old 08-28-2017, 04:58 PM

How many prison's are there in Kingman? My hubby was taken to Kingman this morning
Old 08-28-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothisinariz View Post
How many prison's are there in Kingman? My hubby was taken to Kingman this morning
There is just one.
newtothisinariz (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 05:31 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingMrsB View Post
There is just one.
Oh because on the azdoc web site it has 2 listed.:confused
Old 08-28-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Oh because on the azdoc web site it has 2 listed.:confused
There is one prison, but it has two yards. One is a SO yard and the other is GP
newtothisinariz (08-28-2017)
Old 09-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Liz

Quote:
See my post below yours dated April 2017. To clarify, Cerbat remains the same and Hualapai was changed after the riots 2 years ago to Huachuca and became a sex offender unit. Cerbat is a 2 yard.

It is one prison (ASPC Kingman) with two units (Cerbat and zHualapai).
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
newtothisinariz (09-04-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 05:15 PM

Thanks! My husband called me this past Saturday n he sounded miserable!! He told me that ALL the inmates that are there in Kingman from Florence are in protective custody (cdu) because the other inmates don't want any of the Florence inmates in their yard!! He also tells me that he's only allowed 1 ten minute phone call a week Of course with 2 C.O.'s at his side. So...why do they even take inmates to Kingman from Florence!! It doesn't make any sense!! I'm so worried n stressed even more now!!
Old 09-05-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks! My husband called me this past Saturday n he sounded miserable!! He told me that ALL the inmates that are there in Kingman from Florence are in protective custody (cdu) because the other inmates don't want any of the Florence inmates in their yard!! He also tells me that he's only allowed 1 ten minute phone call a week Of course with 2 C.O.'s at his side. So...why do they even take inmates to Kingman from Florence!! It doesn't make any sense!! I'm so worried n stressed even more now!!
I've been wondering the same thing...bc they said they were not moving guys from ihp yards to gp yards unless they act up for the reason you are saying - safety - but it seems like they are doing it anyways. I'm wondering if they are doing it bc Florence has become overpopulated but if that is the case they should change kingman to ihp and move the others out who are not wanting to be ihp bc they have more room in yards that are just straight gp then they can use kingman for the overflow from Florence as it seems that's what they are wanting to do bc what's happening is all of them are ending up back at Florence anyways when they refuse to house so why not just make it another ihp yard obv this plan of theirs is not working....- hey I sent you a PM
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
newtothisinariz (09-06-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 08:08 AM
Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
See my post below yours dated April 2017. To clarify, Cerbat remains the same and Hualapai was changed after the riots 2 years ago to Huachuca and became a sex offender unit. Cerbat is a 2 yard.

It is one prison (ASPC Kingman) with two units (Cerbat and zHualapai).
t is one prison (ASPC Kingman) with two units (Cerbat and Huachuca).

It wouldn't let me edit to fix the 2nd name. Hualapai was the old 3 yard name.
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
newtothisinariz (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
I've been wondering the same thing...bc they said they were not moving guys from ihp yards to gp yards unless they act up for the reason you are saying - safety - but it seems like they are doing it anyways. I'm wondering if they are doing it bc Florence has become overpopulated but if that is the case they should change kingman to ihp and move the others out who are not wanting to be ihp bc they have more room in yards that are just straight gp then they can use kingman for the overflow from Florence as it seems that's what they are wanting to do bc what's happening is all of them are ending up back at Florence anyways when they refuse to house so why not just make it another ihp yard obv this plan of theirs is not working....- hey I sent you a PM
So are you saying your LO refused to house went to Kingman and is in PC anyway? They can't force Kingman to be a IHP yard. It's a private prison. They can decide for themselves
Old 09-14-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
So are you saying your LO refused to house went to Kingman and is in PC anyway? They can't force Kingman to be a IHP yard. It's a private prison. They can decide for themselves
Where in my post did I say my loved one went to kingman and refused to house and is in PC anyways?? Maybe read more carefully before you write things that are not true! I read some of your opinions on this here and another post and your obviously very negative about IHP and that's fine that's your opinion but others have a right to a different opinion and have a right to not get hurt bc of it and their loved ones don't need to hear comments from you being basically sick it up they knew what they'd get if they signed - that's very cold! You wrote something similar in another thread. We all know feelings are what they are but respect how some family feel. And all I was saying is that it seems like kingman is where they are sending them so it is likely that is what they are going to use kingman is private and can do what they want but ihp yards have less issues and of course a private prison would want that plus they prob would get some deal from doc to make it one like they did making a yard an SO yard.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Where in my post did I say my loved one went to kingman and refused to house and is in PC anyways?? Maybe read more carefully before you write things that are not true! I read some of your opinions on this here and another post and your obviously very negative about IHP and that's fine that's your opinion but others have a right to a different opinion and have a right to not get hurt bc of it and their loved ones don't need to hear comments from you being basically sick it up they knew what they'd get if they signed - that's very cold! You wrote something similar in another thread. We all know feelings are what they are but respect how some family feel. And all I was saying is that it seems like kingman is where they are sending them so it is likely that is what they are going to use kingman is private and can do what they want but ihp yards have less issues and of course a private prison would want that plus they prob would get some deal from doc to make it one like they did making a yard an SO yard.
I did read your post. I was simply asking a question to clarify
Old 09-19-2017, 01:23 AM
Liz

Quote:
I don't think you realize how Cerbat works. It is a 2 yard so people come from lots of places especially since most have short sentences who are there. It used to be that Hualapai fed into there just like Douglas 3 yard feeds into the Douglas 2 yard.

Cerbat inmates aren't doing anything to guys coming in from an ihp yard especially since those who are new and young don't understand the consequences of the ihp policy. the inmates know ihp will eventually happen and can't be stopped but most in certain races are not going to help it along voluntarily. Being a dorm Kingman is in practicality integrated but guys who have been around a long time will not sign. Being a private prison the court order doesn't require them to do so.

If something is going on with anyone who came from an ihp yard I suspect it is for other issues.

Last edited by lizlizzie2; 09-19-2017 at 01:28 AM..
Old 09-19-2017, 08:37 PM

See I had the same thoughts as what you wrote exact same thoughts for the same reasons you said bc I was familiar w it working like that but for whatever reason everyone that goes there from forence ihp isn't staying (well almost wveryone)- something's odd about that if they send roughly 50 at a time and almost all 50 don't stay and all 50 are chosen at random as to who goes each time and then typically get sent back to Florence after not being able to stay in the yard at kingman. It's been a pattern - that's a high amount to have almost all happen each time if it's not just bc ihp. We all know ihp matters in yards so... and people ask for your papers....
Old 09-26-2017, 03:16 AM
Liz

Quote:
See I had the same thoughts as what you wrote exact same thoughts for the same reasons you said bc I was familiar w it working like that but for whatever reason everyone that goes there from forence ihp isn't staying (well almost wveryone)- something's odd about that if they send roughly 50 at a time and almost all 50 don't stay and all 50 are chosen at random as to who goes each time and then typically get sent back to Florence after not being able to stay in the yard at kingman. It's been a pattern - that's a high amount to have almost all happen each time if it's not just bc ihp. We all know ihp matters in yards so... and people ask for your papers....
I heard they stopped asking for papers at Cerbat.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:07 AM

My husband hasn't mentioned anything about him being asked for his papers. He did say that they told him he could be there (Cerbat) for 2-3 more months.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:01 AM

Well that would be a wonderful thing if it's true that they are not asking and people are going to have better luck staying - I know people have feelings related to it but bottom line we all want our loved ones to just be able to do their time w as little difficulty ad possible and for sure coming home to us on time unharmed so i hope everyone's loved one no matter where they are gets that bc we all go through this we are locked up w them in that sense having to always worry and wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
newtothisinariz (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 02:20 PM

Agreed!!
Old 10-03-2017, 05:07 AM
Liz

I don't know about people going back to Florence. If they are being sent back, is it a 2 yard? If it is a 2 yard then why send them to Cerbat? If they were in a 3 yard in Florence and are being sent back to a 3 yard from cerbat then that Wouldnt Be An ihp Issue.

Aside From The above --- They Cant be Sending Back Out As Many As MJC916 Indicates Because My Son's Dorm Is Completely Full. I Haven't Checked The Daily count Sheets but They would give us official Numbers Rather Than Our LOs Impressions .