Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:35 AM
Liz

Default Mail - Magically disappears?

I was out of state for two weeks. I sent my son 8 postcards at Kingman. I went on a trip 2 years ago and sent many postcards, but he didn't get 1/3. to 1/2 of them. This time, I numbered them in the corner.

1) He didn't receive them in order.
2) He received Nos. 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

All of these were standard size postcards. I sent a last one from home this week that was oversized, but won't know if it got there until I visit him this weekend.

While some things can be blamed on the US Post Office system, in this case I don't think they are the problem. 3 out of 8 seem to have disappeared. I made sure that none of them had even a hint of a map (once I sent a route 66 one and they wouldn't give it to him - like that is going to give him directions on how to escape!); none of them had any alcohol, half dressed women or swear words. They were all scenery - Golden Gate Bridge, Sacramento, Piers, Oceans. Under Love, Mom --- I wrote my first and last name because that was an issue the first time I sent him a postcard. Anyway, he didn't receive any notice that any of them were contraband. He just didn't receive 3 of them.

Just found it interesting and wondered if anyone else had experimented with the system.

(It annoys me that he doesn't get most of the magazines his sister and I bought him subscriptions for.)
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
xolady (09-13-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2017, 09:21 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,611 Times in 817 Posts

In the beginning I was frantic about lost mail. I would date and number everything. After a while I gave up. Mail disappears and there's absolutely no way to find out where it went or why so I quit trying.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sinir.Fridyrr For This Useful Post:
xolady (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
I was out of state for two weeks. I sent my son 8 postcards at Kingman. I went on a trip 2 years ago and sent many postcards, but he didn't get 1/3. to 1/2 of them. This time, I numbered them in the corner.

1) He didn't receive them in order.
2) He received Nos. 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

All of these were standard size postcards. I sent a last one from home this week that was oversized, but won't know if it got there until I visit him this weekend.

While some things can be blamed on the US Post Office system, in this case I don't think they are the problem. 3 out of 8 seem to have disappeared. I made sure that none of them had even a hint of a map (once I sent a route 66 one and they wouldn't give it to him - like that is going to give him directions on how to escape!); none of them had any alcohol, half dressed women or swear words. They were all scenery - Golden Gate Bridge, Sacramento, Piers, Oceans. Under Love, Mom --- I wrote my first and last name because that was an issue the first time I sent him a postcard. Anyway, he didn't receive any notice that any of them were contraband. He just didn't receive 3 of them.

Just found it interesting and wondered if anyone else had experimented with the system.

(It annoys me that he doesn't get most of the magazines his sister and I bought him subscriptions for.)
This is normal they toss things or may give it to the wrong person or if they are upset w someone don't give it - too many things to count. The things you are listing shouldn't be an issue for rejecting bc I have sent all that stuff and he's gotten them at different places no problem - the map of Route 66 postcard a half naked woman as a joke (have to see it to see the joke), I have cursed many times on my post cards when upset sadly, and I never write my last name ever. He gets the postcards no problem for some reason it's letters that get lost basic letters w nothing bad in them or of concern no curses nothing. What always seems to get lost is his mail to me - super frustrating!!
Old 09-13-2017, 08:54 PM

Just as a side note if you are worried about things getting lost what I have resorted to and it is more impersonal but at least if Lost you can resend it to him - I type my letters now well most and if he doesn't get one I can go back into the computer and reprint it and send it again to him which he likes so it's not totally lost. I send a postcard or card here and there so he gets my handwriting time to time but at least this way if they lost my stuff again it's not irreplaceable for him which he likes...
Old 09-14-2017, 01:30 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,839 Times in 895 Posts

For some reason my postcards disappear as well... I travel a lot and I was sending postcards to Jeff every time but maybe one made it through. I made sure my address was on it as well.. but he just won't get them. So I stick to letters and 99% via JMail. Even snail mail got lost....
Sinir.Fridyrr (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 11:10 AM

Red Rock been having lost mail troubles too. Still waiting for a letter from 3 weeks ago
The Following User Says Thank You to CharleysGirl For This Useful Post:
Sinir.Fridyrr (09-14-2017)