Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to HDSP-High Desert State Prison located in Susanville, California.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:26 PM

Default What is reception?

I may sound dumb, I am new to all this. My husband is new to HDSP and is in reception. Is there anyone who can tell me what that is and how long he will be there? I dont know much about this whole prison thing and really need some help. I dont know why he is in reception and when he will be moved. He has not been able to call, is that normal? I saw that you can send people in reception certain things do you just send them to the regular address for regular mail?

I really appreciate a site like this were people are willing to help and take time to anwer questions, thank you.

Amy
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 11:24 AM
waiting patiently

reception is the where the inmate first goes when sent to prison, it basically is a place where the C/O's can classify them and determine what level and yard they should be on. Like if they are validated or something like that. They are not allowed to use the phone at all, and it takes a good two weeks for you to get any sort of mail from them. My bf was on A-yard during his reception so yeah mail is normal, PO Box 3030 (the yard) (the cell#) and if you dont know where he is located call the 251-5100 press 1 then 2 and 1 one and ask the lady where he is located. Reception has been said to take 45 to 90 days,and then they should be mainlined, could be across the street at CCC or somewhere, depending on his points and stuff. You can send them a writing package (which is important since they can't use a phone). Read all the threads about HDSP, i think they were answer a lot of questions for you. IF you have any more you can PM me and I will try my best