Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to HDSP-High Desert State Prison located in Susanville, California.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:03 PM

i need your help and advice and whatever else you can give to me to help me. as you guys know my visit was not at all what i expected. but i got a letter from my, sorry LeBeau i need to use your word, whatever he is to me. that is exactly what it is. i'm so damn confused. he said that right now it is hard for him to have a relationship let alone being in love with "anyone", including his family because he has to stay focused on the shit that is going on behind the walls. he doesnt want to get caught slippin' and get "stabbed". he said there is so much drama going in there with all the races against the northerners, etc. but yet he hopes i'm still his "lady" and he's still my "man". and he doesnt want me to think that he doesnt want to be with me!!! what the hell does that mean!!!
do they go through this mental rollercoaster? this is my first relationship that ive been through with someone in prison....i need some help...i'm making myself go crazy
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2006, 11:48 PM
To the dirt and back...
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahonta
i need your help and advice and whatever else you can give to me to help me. as you guys know my visit was not at all what i expected. but i got a letter from my, sorry LeBeau i need to use your word, whatever he is to me. that is exactly what it is. i'm so damn confused. he said that right now it is hard for him to have a relationship let alone being in love with "anyone", including his family because he has to stay focused on the shit that is going on behind the walls. he doesnt want to get caught slippin' and get "stabbed". he said there is so much drama going in there with all the races against the northerners, etc. but yet he hopes i'm still his "lady" and he's still my "man". and he doesnt want me to think that he doesnt want to be with me!!! what the hell does that mean!!!
do they go through this mental rollercoaster? this is my first relationship that ive been through with someone in prison....i need some help...i'm making myself go crazy
Hey, you need to decide if this is a healthy relationship for you. Didn't you say that he told you he had feelings for an ex? And that he "forgot" to tell you that you were approved to visit? And do you really think he has already stopped having feelings for that other woman? You need to keep in mind that he just might have realized that he hurt the only friend he had and he doesn't want to be lonely while in prison. I don't want you to get hurt, but this is what lonely guys do when they are in prison. You've got to ask yourself- Will he want to be with ME and ONLY ME when he comes home? I know this must really suck but you need to be happy. He may just be trippin right now, but if I were you I would tell him that I only want to be friends, I'll continue writing and visiting, but I want to be on my own. He's got to PROVE that he is real. You can't believe that with one letter. I'm not saying give up on him but it won't look very good if you just take him back. He will see that as weakness, like one week he can say "I don't want you", break your heart again, then the next week "I love you" and you go right back to him. He will think he can do whatever he wants and you'll always come back. Let him chase you for awhile. Hey, he's not goin anywhere is he??? Get what I'm sayin??

Laura, William's Baby

Last edited by William'sBaby; 01-12-2006 at 11:49 PM..
Old 01-12-2006, 11:50 PM
To the dirt and back...
Donation Award 

Good luck Pocahonta!

Laura, William's Baby

Last edited by William'sBaby; 01-12-2006 at 11:52 PM..
Old 01-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,014 Times in 7,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William'sBaby
Hey, you need to decide if this is a healthy relationship for you. Didn't you say that he told you he had feelings for an ex? And that he "forgot" to tell you that you were approved to visit? And do you really think he has already stopped having feelings for that other woman? You need to keep in mind that he just might have realized that he hurt the only friend he had and he doesn't want to be lonely while in prison. I don't want you to get hurt, but this is what lonely guys do when they are in prison. You've got to ask yourself- Will he want to be with ME and ONLY ME when he comes home? I know this must really suck but you need to be happy. He may just be trippin right now, but if I were you I would tell him that I only want to be friends, I'll continue writing and visiting, but I want to be on my own. He's got to PROVE that he is real. You can't believe that with one letter. I'm not saying give up on him but it won't look very good if you just take him back. He will see that as weakness, like one week he can say "I don't want you", break your heart again, then the next week "I love you" and you go right back to him. He will think he can do whatever he wants and you'll always come back. Let him chase you for awhile. Hey, he's not goin anywhere is he??? Get what I'm sayin??

Laura, William's Baby
I am entirely with Laura in this one, every word.... don't let him just keep his options open while he makes up his mind

And on a lighter note, you're very welcome to use "Whateverheis"...it took me a while to come up with a term that fits those situations in which we don't quite know what to call the relationship...Whateverheis, or WEHI for short, is the best I could do!

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:21 AM

thank you all for that. i do admit i had a moment of weakness but i slept on it and i responded back to him. i did tell him that i will continue to be supportive of him but if i do visit it will be as a friend. i cant imagine what the guys are going through in there. i imagined going through this drama with a guy out here but to also go through it while he is there!! but what can i do? i just have to learn to be a friend now and not a girlfriend...or "lady". he has until 7/2007 to make up his mind and also if i'm still around.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:33 AM
To the dirt and back...
Donation Award 

Quote:
thank you all for that. i do admit i had a moment of weakness but i slept on it and i responded back to him. i did tell him that i will continue to be supportive of him but if i do visit it will be as a friend. i cant imagine what the guys are going through in there. i imagined going through this drama with a guy out here but to also go through it while he is there!! but what can i do? i just have to learn to be a friend now and not a girlfriend...or "lady". he has until 7/2007 to make up his mind and also if i'm still around.
Good choice! I'm very proud! A lot of women wouldn't have the guts to put their foot down in a situation like this. You'll be fine...

Laura, William's Baby
Old 01-13-2006, 12:22 PM

but i do have a question..once he gets transferred to another facility will he have to go through the reception center again or straight to the mainline?
Old 01-13-2006, 12:25 PM

I use Walkenhorst. They mail out packages within 5 days.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:58 PM
To the dirt and back...
Donation Award 

Default Nope

Quote:
but i do have a question..once he gets transferred to another facility will he have to go through the reception center again or straight to the mainline?

No, reception is for inmates when they first go to prison. When he gets transfered he will just be put on the mainline and you will be able to see him right away (unless he is on lockdown).

Laura, William's Baby
Old 01-13-2006, 01:21 PM

thank you again...
Old 01-13-2006, 11:49 PM

Default been there, done that !

yes i was there in 94-96, wow ten years ago. seems like yesterday. susanville was not all that bad. the program was humane on #2 yard. i was lucky because in order to qualify for camp you have to pass a physical fitness regime of tests and physical endurance. it was in late december early janurary, so there was plenty of snow on the ground. and all we had to do was run around (walk really fast) and do some pull ups sit ups, etc. and a trying attitude- not a quitter, and you were eligable for fire camp. i was in for adw with a knife. and i still made it. intermountain camp. belive me camp is where you want to be, the food is good, you get some sort of freedom. and you feel like a man helping out the local community. ps. we ran around a track, not just running around. and the whole idea of ccc susanville #1 and #2 yards is to get you into a fire camp. i am a wood and we all got along in the dorms. any questions ? thanks rick.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:21 PM
To the dirt and back...
Donation Award 

Thumbs up Thanks Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-95-96
yes i was there in 94-96, wow ten years ago. seems like yesterday. susanville was not all that bad. the program was humane on #2 yard. i was lucky because in order to qualify for camp you have to pass a physical fitness regime of tests and physical endurance. it was in late december early janurary, so there was plenty of snow on the ground. and all we had to do was run around (walk really fast) and do some pull ups sit ups, etc. and a trying attitude- not a quitter, and you were eligable for fire camp. i was in for adw with a knife. and i still made it. intermountain camp. belive me camp is where you want to be, the food is good, you get some sort of freedom. and you feel like a man helping out the local community. ps. we ran around a track, not just running around. and the whole idea of ccc susanville #1 and #2 yards is to get you into a fire camp. i am a wood and we all got along in the dorms. any questions ? thanks rick.
Hey Rick,
Thanks for all the info! Wow, you had an AWD and still made it to fire camp? That is good news for those of us who thought it was impossible for our man to get to a fire camp. How is life after the pin? Has it been difficult for you to find a job, etc?

Laura, William's Baby
Old 01-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Hearts 1/2 empty 1/2 full

Default Quarterly Packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry*sgrl
Ladies....have any of you girls ordered a package from "california inmate packages". What other companies have you guys gone through???
John has tried all of them, however he is using WALKENHORST again this
quarter.

PROUD MEMBER HDSP CLUB

#41,Strong Enough Club
#41,Hez Thugged Out Club
#55,2009 Club
#47,Missing My Soulmate Club
#36,Keepin It Real Club
#00,Lovin My Baldie Club
#105,Faithfully Waiting Club
Old 01-16-2006, 06:23 PM

Default welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARTOON'S GIRL
hi My Fiancee Is At Hdsp He Is In D Yard He Has 3 Years Left I Am New To All Of This He Just Got Transfered From Scc And I Haven't Heard From Him Just A Letter When He First Got Their..i Hope He Is Ok I Worry About Him I Love Him So Much And Miss Him Like Crazy I Am From Tulare So He Is A Ways From Me But I Love Him Even More Thanks For The Posting They Do Help Me...
Welcome CARTOON'S GIRL !
Sorry I am a little late, I have been sick and not on line for awhile.
My man is in D yard also. We are pretty good at keeping everybody informed on the Yard status...Whatever you need, dont hesitate to ask us.

PROUD MEMBER HDSP CLUB

#41,Strong Enough Club
#41,Hez Thugged Out Club
#55,2009 Club
#36,Keepin It Real Club
#00,Lovin My Baldie Club
Old 01-18-2006, 08:00 PM

hi everyone...long time long writing. i had a question....once my friend is transferred to another facility will i have to get another visiting form or once i'm approved i'm approved to all the facilities?
Old 01-18-2006, 09:08 PM
To the dirt and back...
Donation Award 

Quote:
hi everyone...long time long writing. i had a question....once my friend is transferred to another facility will i have to get another visiting form or once i'm approved i'm approved to all the facilities?
You are now approved for all facilities. You will not have to re-apply.

Laura, William's Baby
Old 01-19-2006, 08:05 PM

i really like that pic of you and your man, laura...very nice.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:40 PM
To the dirt and back...
Donation Award 

Quote:
i really like that pic of you and your man, laura...very nice.
Thanks! I love this pic. We took it in Lake Tahoe while we were on a snow boarding trip. I love it so much because it was taken only 3 days before he was arrested. So, it is the last pic that we ever took together.

Laura, William's Baby

Last edited by William'sBaby; 01-19-2006 at 08:44 PM..
Old 01-19-2006, 11:40 PM

Default Information please on Susanville

I have my son there,in Susanville. He was in fire camp ,but I guess he got a write-up and move to Susanville. He yhinks he might get back to camp. Does anybody know how this it is working...Does he gor a chance to move back to camp. Also ,Some information about how you guys proceede to visit. Flying,rent a car....from there....Thanks ...
Old 01-21-2006, 06:29 PM

Default Info Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caressa1
I have my son there,in Susanville. He was in fire camp ,but I guess he got a write-up and move to Susanville. He yhinks he might get back to camp. Does anybody know how this it is working...Does he gor a chance to move back to camp. Also ,Some information about how you guys proceede to visit. Flying,rent a car....from there....Thanks ...
Hello Caressa !!

I'm sorry I am not familiar with Fire-Camp info/procedures. I also have not been there(HDSP) to visit yet, (until April) so, I cant help you in that area either. However, LeBeau, our fearless leader or William's Baby should be around here soon and if they DONT know, they WILL get you info needed !! K?

PROUD MEMBER HDSP CLUB

#41,Strong Enough Club
#41,Hez Thugged Out Club
#55,2009 Club
#36,Keepin It Real Club
#00,Lovin My Baldie Club
Old 01-21-2006, 07:17 PM
MTLt

John
Do you know if I can send magazines through a distributor and/or sweats through access if he just got there this week?
Old 01-22-2006, 03:41 AM

Thumbs up Hey Everyone

Hey everyone! My fiancee is locked up in B gym at HDSP. He has 2 years & 26 days remaining on his sentence. (2/17/08) As you can tell, I'm counting down the exact amount of time left. I am so grateful for this website and the support of you all. I truly didn't know how to manage this time until I found this site a few weeks ago. Thank you all!
EYE

P.S. You might like to check out this calendar countdown site I found on the web. http://www.ssinet.com/about/staff/drr02.asp I posted it to my favorites and check it everyday.(sometimes a couple times a day as if the countdown days are going to change)

Old 01-24-2006, 10:33 PM

Hi everyone. Just got my ticker, they're kinda cool. May go visit this weekend, if the weather cooperates. (had to pull out the chains last time)

Old 01-24-2006, 11:05 PM

how do you do the ticker? i'm not very computer literate,,,hehehe

Last edited by pocahonta; 01-24-2006 at 11:06 PM..
Old 01-25-2006, 08:37 AM

Click on where it says "tickerfactory.com" above my or anyone else's ticker and it takes you directly to the site and gives you instructions. Once your ticker is made, it won't look like a ticker, it is computer language. Copy it and paste inside your PTO signature (where you edit your PTO profile). There are three choices of computer language after you have made your ticker. The first worked for PTO.

Hope it helps.