Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > West Virginia DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

West Virginia DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the West Virginia Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:11 AM

Unhappy HELP! Boyfriend discharging but wrote up and thrown in the hole!

Last night I got a call from a fellow offenders girl stating my man was wrote up and thrown in the hole for drug related issues... He discharges in 34 days! I called Pruntytown where he is held and they confirmed he was in seg. I don't know if he will be able to call me or if I can see him... But the dudes girl said he would be transferred to HCC (this would be his first write up so why transfer?)... I just need to know if he will still get out on his Discharge date or if this will affect it! Im soooo UPSET right now I don't know what to do.... SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?!
Old 03-14-2016, 10:19 AM

Oh hon, I cant help with any of those questions, but try to breath!!! I know how you feel, try to call a friend. Can you visit with him to get answers or do they not allow visits?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:22 AM

A similar thing just happened to me. Except he was thrown in for a fight. He has 70 days to go and was thrown in the hole. I was so upset. He just got out yesterday and called me. I was so happy. He was in 14 days and could not call or write to me. I just had to sit and wait. Total torture. Anyway, he had to stay there until a hearing. He ended up getting punished the 14 days, but did not lose any good tume and did not get transferred. I hope this helps. Hang in there. I guess it all will depend on how serious the charge is. I know what you're going through
The Following User Says Thank You to babykins For This Useful Post:
gizzgizz123 (03-14-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 10:22 AM

I called today to see if I could still visit... They took my name and number if I don't hear anything by wednesday I'm calling again...
Old 03-14-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykins View Post
A similar thing just happened to me. Except he was thrown in for a fight. He has 70 days to go and was thrown in the hole. I was so upset. He just got out yesterday and called me. I was so happy. He was in 14 days and could not call or write to me. I just had to sit and wait. Total torture. Anyway, he had to stay there until a hearing. He ended up getting punished the 14 days, but did not lose any good tume and did not get transferred. I hope this helps. Hang in there. I guess it all will depend on how serious the charge is. I know what you're going through
I sure hope it happens like this.. We are SOOOO close to the finish line... I have no clue what they found and its killing me... I seriously just feel like half of me is gone right now...
Old 03-14-2016, 10:38 AM

I know how you feel. The unknown of it all is so hard and to be so close to having him back in your arms. I was so worried that he would lose his gt or worse get new charges. The prison wouldn't tell me anything, just that he was in seg. They couldn't tell me for what or for how long. I called his counselor. You might want to try that, but I didn't get any answers. I see some people post on here they get letters and/or phone calls. My guy said he couldn't call or write, but received letters I sent him. I sent him a letter everyday. I know how hard this is, but hopefully he won't be in there long and u will hear from him soon. I honestly don't know how I made it 14 days. I feel your pain
Old 03-14-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
I know how you feel. The unknown of it all is so hard and to be so close to having him back in your arms. I was so worried that he would lose his gt or worse get new charges. The prison wouldn't tell me anything, just that he was in seg. They couldn't tell me for what or for how long. I called his counselor. You might want to try that, but I didn't get any answers. I see some people post on here they get letters and/or phone calls. My guy said he couldn't call or write, but received letters I sent him. I sent him a letter everyday. I know how hard this is, but hopefully he won't be in there long and u will hear from him soon. I honestly don't know how I made it 14 days. I feel your pain
I just wrote him.. it was one of the hardest letters ever.. I kinda feel like I sound whiny in it.. I have no clue how Im gonna make it through...
Old 03-14-2016, 11:51 AM

That's good u wrote to him. You have to remember how stressed out they are in there and how worried they are about us. They are scared we are mad at them or we are going to leave them. All they have is time to think in the hole, so keep writing him and telling him u love him. Hopefully he'll only be in there a week or less. Keep your phone on u and charged. He will call the second he can. I hope your outcome is like mine and u will be with him soon.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:52 PM

Have u heard from him yet?
Old 03-15-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Have u heard from him yet?
YES!!!! He called this morning!!! his first words were 'hey babe, are you mad at me?' I was like NOOOO! worried but not mad at all... He has a hearing the 17th praying they dont take his good time... I wanna go to it but im not sure if he wants me to see him like that... shackled and handcuffed... before we got off he told me he loved me for the first time.. Hes still in the hole but he gets to call once a day.. no visits tho...
Old 03-15-2016, 06:28 PM

I'm so happy u heard from him. You are so lucky. My guy couldn't call me at all. I know how hard this is, but so glad u heard from him. When does he get out? Mine gets out may 23 if all goes well. Must have been good to hear him tell u he loves u. And ya I was more worried than mad too. We don't know what it's like in there, sometimes things r unavoidable . Again, so happy u heard from him.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:28 PM

Oh ya and if u have the option of going to the hearing..go
Old 03-16-2016, 06:57 AM

He gets out April 18th if all goes right... I'm hoping it does. I just want this mess to be over with and him home with me..