Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:13 PM

Exclamation Niece forgot her ID at Home... Need a quick reply please

Hello,

I'm taking my niece to visit her dad tomorrow at Holliday. She's 14 and forgot her student ID, birth certificate - basically all forms of ID at her house in West Texas. I realize they may possibly ask for ID due to her age but does anyone know the probability of it?

This has no bearing on whether they ask for her ID but her father has only had two visits since being coming into the system last November. If they deny the visit, is it proper to ask for the duty warden and get special permission ? They haven't seen each other in well over a year and a half.

Thanks much for any speedy answers.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,844 Times in 1,271 Posts

I would never hesitate to ask to speak to the warden or associate warden if there was an issue. If they claim that neither are available, ask who is, and that you'd like to speak with them. She's young so they may make an exception and take the situation into consideration. They are human too but they obviously will have concerns about who is coming into a prison. Regardless, I hope it works out for you. Hopefully those with more experience with this situation will chime in soon.

Welcome to PTO! Glad you found us.

Last edited by David; 03-10-2017 at 11:33 PM..
Old 03-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Donation Award 

I don't recall any Texas unit ever asking for ID for the minors that I've taken. Definitely ask to speak with the warden or duty warden if you need to
The Following User Says Thank You to OnlyInTexas For This Useful Post:
David (03-10-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 08:29 AM

In California if the child is under 18 no I.D. Is required but they do need a birth certificate to show that you are the parent. If you are not the parent out here you would need a notarized statetment from the parent authorizing you to bring the child to visit. I'm not sure if it is the same in Texas. Try and call the prison and talk to someone.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:10 PM
one and only

In Fl we have always had to have a birth certificate at one place we had to take it every visit and if you aren't the parent you will need a notarized letter from the parent on the birth certificate saying you have permission to take the child on visit. I'm not sure about any other state but would assume it's pretty much the same with minors. I do know some one got turned away once for the child just turning 14 and not have i.d
Old 03-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,844 Times in 1,271 Posts

Kareese, how did it work out?