Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 11-02-2019, 09:07 PM

Default Release: Does Hubby need to be on the lease? Will PO contact landlord?

So my hubby is being released in January I just a signed a lease to my new place where he will be staying. He just told me he thinks he needs to be on the lease? Does anybody know if this is true ?? Also, does the PO let the leasing office know he will be there to do a home check??
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2019, 05:56 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,821 Times in 13,132 Posts

His PO will have to approve your address for him to be allowed to live there while on Supervised Release, so any requirements will be brought up then. If he goes to a half way house first, they will need to approve your address (or accept the POs determination) before he can go there on HWH passes.

It will be up to the PO if they will contact the landlord, or not.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:09 PM

My PO asked me to email a copy of my lease when he did my home inspection. He approved the inspection. I forgot and so did he as he never asked again or reminded me to send it. At the time I was a bit apprehensive to provide the lease as I think it would have been an issue with my land lord if he had called. I would not change the lease or add him to it unless it is a requirement of his PO. If you are able to sub lease your place you could technically lease it to your husband and, create a new lease with your husband paying you say $1 a month if you are apprehensive that your landlord will have issue with it. Of course if it comes down to that just have your husband be up front with his PO
The Following User Says Thank You to worldwide For This Useful Post:
Sizzlelay (11-06-2019)