Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Donation Award 

Default Counselor for C yard

Does anyone have any experience talking to their husbands counselors? Do the counselors normally have to deal with us on the outside? Or are they just going be super annoyed when I call?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad on leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,548 Times in 7,641 Posts

I can't speak for C yard, but mine is on D and his biggest disappointment here is the constant turnover. Meaning he submits a request on the 1st and by the end of the month it's a different person responding, if he hears at all. Hopefully they have some consistency on your yard!
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Mrs.DoDo (05-09-2015)
Old 05-06-2015, 03:21 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I can't speak for C yard, but mine is on D and his biggest disappointment here is the constant turnover. Meaning he submits a request on the 1st and by the end of the month it's a different person responding, if he hears at all. Hopefully they have some consistency on your yard!
Nope and it seems like we have gotten no where. In fact the last one was only there for 2 weeks so now it's a whole new one. What do you do. Can't 602 them without getting them upset and my LO wants me to call but I don't want to be the CONSTANT squeaky wheel. he can't get to them right now cuz he's gone all day to class and the counselors gone when he gets back. Super frustrating.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:22 PM

Yeah, mu boyfriend is in D, and he mentioned how his counselor was lazy and doesn't do hia job! It's annoying.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:08 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

If your loved one has submitted Form 22s (which are staff request) and he is not getting responses.....And you have tried to contact the prison & are having issues with this prison. Or having situations on not being able to get staff to help with providing information. Contact the Ombudsman for Kern Valley State Prison. I usually email him and he responds quickly. The most it has ever taken to hear back from him was a week. Here is his information:

Gabriel Vela
Ombudsman
Gabriel.Vela@cdcr.ca.gov
(916) 323-2994

*He is a busy man who is very helpful. So please make sure it is something that really is a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to T_LovesHim100% For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-25-2015)
Old 05-25-2015, 02:20 PM

What is form 22s? Can we contact him regarding my LO not receiving his annual reviews in written? My LO has mentioned to me that he usually never receives them. How about if he has not gotten tested and assessed in these tests: CSRA, COMPASS, and or TABE?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs.DoDo For This Useful Post:
maytayah (07-03-2016)
Old 05-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Donation Award 

Form 22 is the inmates request for ________ whatever it is they need. It's supposed to be answered within a certain time frame and gives a paper trail. I have contacted the Ombudsman (love that guy) but all is good now. I finally got them to respond. This prison has been ok but it's been horrible once the counselor had a chip on his shoulder for my hubby
Old 05-27-2015, 09:28 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.DoDo View Post
What is form 22s? Can we contact him regarding my LO not receiving his annual reviews in written? My LO has mentioned to me that he usually never receives them. How about if he has not gotten tested and assessed in these tests: CSRA, COMPASS, and or TABE?
You can but i would ONLY do it if you LO asked you to. Just my opinion
Old 06-10-2015, 06:29 AM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

I would say talk to your Love One about it of course before making any decisions on contacting anyone for him. The Omsbudsman will find out what and why something is or isn't happening. Sometimes.rd it's sad to say but there is so many people locked up and to the system the inmate is just a number that fills a bed spot for the system to make money off of.....so some get lost in the system. U
Those off us out here have to help make sure that doesn't happen and raise our hand for help (to the Ombudsmen) and say this is the deal my husband has tried reaching out by form 22s these are the issues.....he never gets a response.....or whatever the case may be. Best way that I have found to contact our Ombudsmen is through letter. Everything else-phone or mail takes awhile.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_LovesHim100% View Post
I would say talk to your Love One about it of course before making any decisions on contacting anyone for him. The Omsbudsman will find out what and why something is or isn't happening. Sometimes.rd it's sad to say but there is so many people locked up and to the system the inmate is just a number that fills a bed spot for the system to make money off of.....so some get lost in the system. U
Those off us out here have to help make sure that doesn't happen and raise our hand for help (to the Ombudsmen) and say this is the deal my husband has tried reaching out by form 22s these are the issues.....he never gets a response.....or whatever the case may be. Best way that I have found to contact our Ombudsmen is through letter. Everything else-phone or mail takes awhile.
Thank you. Because I can't delete the post, I will give an update. He had approximately 8 unanswered 22 forms. It took a lot of calling, emailing and writing on my part (at the request of my husband). Important statement which you also kind of pointed out and hopefully women just don't do it. Do NOT contact people on behalf of your husband if he does not say to do so. Although you are trying to help, it can make it worse. All of my actions were under his direction and needed immediate assistance for what his requests were in regards to. All is taken care of. It was nice having this forum for KVSP. All of you have always been helpful but we have now moved Thanks everyone and good luck.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:04 AM
In love A&J

Smile

He is busy but very polite, its just making sure the question is direct and to the point and as polite and thankful is always a plus. I try to get all the questions asked through my husband to his cc1 first , once no other choice then I call . Good luck .
The Following User Says Thank You to In love A&J For This Useful Post:
bizzybeth (06-11-2015)