Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Minnesota prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:49 PM

Default Visiting at Stillwater walk through?

Hi! I'm going to be visiting someone at Stillwater in 2 months and was wondering if anyone could give me a walk through of what to expect once I get there? I've never visited a prison before and don't want to screw anything up ESPECIALLY because I will be making a 15 hour drive for it. I greatly appreciate any information!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2015, 07:59 PM

[quote=superpowers;7444191]Hi! I'm going to be visiting someone at Stillwater in 2 months and was wondering if anyone could give me a walk through of what to expect once I get there? I've never visited a prison before and don't want to screw anything up ESPECIALLY because I will be making a 15 hour drive for it. I greatly appreciate any information

I'm assuming that you have already been approved for a visit? Don't forget your ID. Watch what you wear. They have strict guidelines on the clothing you can't wear. Don't bring you cell phone into the prison. When you get there you will have to fill out the visitation form and then wait for them to bring the inmate into the visiting area. You will pass thru the metal detector. If you wear a belt or shoes with buckles it will set the alarm off. I always wear my jewelry, which is silver and gold and it has never set the detector off. You will need a couple of quarters for a locker to store your belongings in as you can't take anything in except you ID and key to locker. If you are traveling over two hours to get there you can request an extended visit but the inmate has to send in a kite for it and get approved in advance. Make sure you use the restroom before going in because if you have to leave to use the restroom your visit will be terminated. Otherwise enjoy your visit. Hope this helps!
Old 06-23-2015, 10:49 AM

Thanks for the info! Yes I'm already on his list and he's taking care of getting the extended time approved.