Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:03 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,311 Times in 1,272 Posts
Default Change in Boot Camp Policy in Pennsylvania

On January 21, 2011, the DOC changed its policy regarding Motivational Boot Camp. Effective January 28, 2011, those graduating from the Boot Camp must serve at least SIXTY days in a halfway house, not thirty days as it was before.

As best we can tell, this policy is being enforced retroactively to all those who are still in either the boot camp or the halfway house.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:54 PM

Can you please clarify some information for me? Is it possible to be released from halfway house before 60 days with an approved home plan? I spoke with someone at MinSec Hazelton who stated if released to AOD program, you must stay 60 days; if released to group home, you submit home plan and leave as soon as it is approved. She also stated that a drug trafficking convict would be released to the group home. I pick up my son from Quehanna bootcamp on 11/22 to take him to MinSec. Must admit, speaking to her raised my hopes that he would be home for Christmas!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 PM

Thanked 1,564 Times in 801 Posts

Your son isn't in the SIP program is he? If so, that program runs entirely differently from what Bobble is referring to.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:49 PM

Default Boot Camp release

No, my son isn't in the SIP program, he is in the Quehanna Boot Camp program. I plan on calling MinSec Hazelton again on Friday to clarify, it was a quick conversation with a lot of info given, my recall is a bit foggy
Old 11-05-2011, 07:49 PM

PTO Moderator 

The BC rules are explicit about the 60-day requirement.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboobandit View Post
Can you please clarify some information for me? Is it possible to be released from halfway house before 60 days with an approved home plan? I spoke with someone at MinSec Hazelton who stated if released to AOD program, you must stay 60 days; if released to group home, you submit home plan and leave as soon as it is approved. She also stated that a drug trafficking convict would be released to the group home. I pick up my son from Quehanna bootcamp on 11/22 to take him to MinSec. Must admit, speaking to her raised my hopes that he would be home for Christmas!
They will not release you a day sooner than what is law, even with the approved home plan. And here is a suggestion make sure you fill out the paper work for the home plan as soon as he sends it home from the boot camp so that he can leave the half way house as soon as his 60 days are up and he is signed out. If he waits till he is in the half way house he can be there for a while. Here is a tip when ever your son's parole officer comes to your house to inspect it for the home plan have to where he or she is able to inspect every room and closet. There can NOT be any toy guns real guns or any type of guns, hunting gear NO alcohol at all in the house. These are all things that will get it rejected
Old 01-02-2015, 01:50 PM

What if the inmate isn't in there because of drugs and has an approved home plan? Will he still go to a half way house? That doesn't make sense if he's not in jail or the boot camp program because of drugs.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:32 AM

PTO Moderator 

The nature of the charges doesn't matter. The statute requires all BC graduates to pass through a community corrections center before going to their approved home plan.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:54 AM

Default boot camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobble60 View Post
The nature of the charges doesn't matter. The statute requires all BC graduates to pass through a community corrections center before going to their approved home plan.
I Graduated from the boot camp program in January of this year and starting on December 16,2014 if you graduate the boot camp program you no longer have to go to a CC center if a home plan was approved.
The Following User Says Thank You to speakerboy For This Useful Post:
bobble60 (07-19-2015)