Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > SULLIVAN HUB - NY DOCS
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

SULLIVAN HUB - NY DOCS New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the SULLIVAN HUB - Ulster, Eastern, Woodbourne, Sullivan, Shawangunk, Wallkill, Otisville, Mid-Orange.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:58 AM

Angry It is always something....with this damn counselor

Hello eveyone...I just need to vent really quick.. Idk if anyone remembers me and my husbands situation.. anyhoo.. our current dilemma with his counselor is a surprise that i just happened to stumble across.. just yesterday while calling the FRP counselor just seeing if there was any news on our appeal... anyway.. she we are speaking and i tell her that they put in an "involuntary movement" request for my husband because they were saying that he needed ART... and that his facility doesn't offer it... She asks for his DIN... i give it to her.. and she tells me he doesn't fit the criteria to be regressed.. Me confused i asked her to explain.. She tells me he only spent 20 days in the box.. and per directive... he had to have spent 45 days in the box and he lost good time.. which he didn't either.. So she didn't understand why.. his facility would put the transfer referral in.. and if they felt he needed ART again.. why they waited until after his denial from Albany to process it... i thank her... tell hubby about it and he gets upset because he isn't very fond of his counselor because of the numerous fuck ups she has done since he moved to this damn facility.. i tel him I'm going to call her in the morning... and that he needs to go the law library and then request to see her... so that brings me to this morning i call her... we speak and i ask her nicely i might add, how this happen or why.. she gets fucking nasty on the phone ... at first she got stumped... and then it was i dont need to talk to you.. he has not told me any of this he needs to talk to me not you... so i calmly tell her.. i just found this out and that he would be speaking with her.. Well like i said this isn't any of your concern of why we do what we do.. i will see him when he decides to come speak to me!!! I chuckled.. and say ok you have a great day.. and she hung up on me!! ok..i am beyond livid with this woman!! and her fucking incomplete answers if any or the fact that she fucking knows nothing! I'm sorry for cursing.. I have already wrote the superitendent about her... in which he did respond... since he was moved to this damn place in sept.. I had to battle with her for his IPA job... in which 2 months later he got.. then when he went up for his VFO in november she tells him that she sent the application to albany... she didn't.. smh.. i called albany and they told me they never got it.. a week later i called they again said nothing.. but that they were waiting for it.. finally someone from albany called the facility..and asked where is this inmates application?? so what happens they get it.. he gets his vfo... then was denied or release smh... because he at for his board before albany even got his application for the vfo... moving on to our trailers..which i posted about before ..and how we applied in Jan.. and she never sent it..and we found that out in march...smh I am seriously beside myself...so angry and I'm going to sit down and shoot another letter to the super because this is bs... I'm sorry for the rant ladies....just needed to get that off my chest... ugh she makes me sick!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrs.O726 For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (07-15-2015), rkrj (07-15-2015), shs76 (07-14-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,891 Times in 865 Posts

My LO is Federal and can't even get a meeting with his F###*** caseworker. He's been trying since November. We're both too afraid to stir the waters with complaints. I admire you.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:45 PM

What directive is this person you spoke to referring to ? I suggest you always ask for the directive number . FRP directive 4500 says 14 days box or keep lock . Now she may be referring to ART requirements for parole but FRP are totally different . FRP is a privilege . They can mandate and require what they want .
Old 07-15-2015, 09:15 AM

Ok ladies here is an update.. so he calls me yesterday.. at around 1230.... and says babe... they just put me on a call out to see my counselor... so i tell him about the phone call.. and tell him ... keep a cool head.. I just wrote another letter to the super concerning how she just spoke to me.... he goes... nah babe dont mail anything yet let me see what they are gonna say... he calls me back at around 2... and boy oh boy... it was with not only the counselor but the senior counselor as well... he told me that his counselor went to her boss and said that i was extremely rude... which i wasn't and that she no longer wants to ever talk to me.. so i guess the senior counselor... called the other counselor i spoke with about his ART requirements... and she told him what she told me and that i have always been pleasant with her on the phone... so he sits down with them and the senior counselor was like what is going on.. he tells them about what i was told.. and the senior counselor agreed.. and told him that he does not need to retake ART.. that "someone" put in the system that he did.. because of the incident from when he went to the box.. that he was not the aggressor (which we have in writing) and that he doesn't know why someone put it in the system... that he was going to call central office and have it taken out.. that he has had numerous complaints about his counselor and if he wanted to file grievance or complaint about her as well...my husband denied.. and said thats not me... I'm not about to sit here and tell on her.. you guys know how she is.. but when it comes to my wife she has spoke to many people here and is always pleasant ... the senior counselor said he spoke to others who have said the same thing.. so he told my husband to appeal his FRP application.. and to put..that he doesn't have to take ART..because he took it before and he doesn't fit the criteria to have to take it again..even with the incident.. my husband told him he appealed in back in June when he got his denial.. and his counselor goes wait what? i had no idea.. you need to tell me these things etc.. idk... As far as FRP being a privilege i know and understand that... my issue was them about to transfer him because the facility doesn't offer ART.. and he doesn't have to retake it...
Old 07-15-2015, 09:20 AM

Then appeal it again just have to wait 8 weeks from the box time to file an appeal