Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Connecticut that do not fit into any other Connecticut sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:07 PM

Default TS jail credit problems in CT

Hi. my friend was sentenced to 9 mos in court case 1 and 9 mos in court case 2 (4/20 and 4/21) hes been in since 12/17/2010. His atty said he'd be getting out in may with jail credit and 50 % served. well that did not happen. The 2nd sentence was for a VOP and he is now sched for release in JAN!

The sentences were supposed to be concurrent and credit dated back to the bond increase in Jan.

I have called his atty with no response and his statement to my friend was that the prosecuter (pulled a fast one) on him. his bond was increased in Jan...

I don't know what to do. Find a new atty? write to the DOC? File for a sentence reduction?

thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2011, 08:53 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,750 Times in 16,022 Posts

I can't answer your qustions for Connecticut, so I've moved your post here to the Connecticut forum. I do hope you get it all straightened out! Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
tee.dot.q (05-29-2011)
Old 05-28-2011, 08:36 PM

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,293 Times in 3,764 Posts

Well, firstly - I don't know what "credit" his atty was referring to because as of today, there is no good time in CT (that may change soon but as of right now there is none)

I don't know if VOP is neccessarily eligible for 50% release. I thought that if someone violates parole that have to serve the time remaining on the original sentence (but I'm not 100% sure).

Writing to the DOC will get you nowhere... If you are his friend, you would have no claim to his private information and they will not release particulars.

You may want to call another atty but in order for them to intervene, it will probably require some $$...

They screwed my mans sentence up too - He never got credit for the time he did before trial. That entire year hasn't been counted and it should have. He has been trying to get it fixed for 7 years (no joke) - It's not easy... A lawyer is the best bet and even then it can be an uphill battle.

Good luck hun and welcome to PTO
mrssch (06-02-2011), patchouli (05-28-2011)
Old 05-29-2011, 01:43 PM

thanks so much. it was for violation of probation. He was sentenced in case 1 in manch and case 2 in rockville one day after. His atty said he'd be getting pre trial credit....and...would be out in May...but...no.

he's been in already 5 and a half months...he's only serving 9months......but with no credit his max release date is jan now...and he's still a level 4. I don't know what to do. His atty never calls back.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:49 AM

Default HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssch View Post
thanks so much. it was for violation of probation. He was sentenced in case 1 in manch and case 2 in rockville one day after. His atty said he'd be getting pre trial credit....and...would be out in May...but...no.

he's been in already 5 and a half months...he's only serving 9months......but with no credit his max release date is jan now...and he's still a level 4. I don't know what to do. His atty never calls back.
My boyfriend is going through this very same thing right now. Can you tell me what happened or what to do? Thank you.