Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:11 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,681 Times in 8,033 Posts
Default Transfer Timelines

Just out of curiosity--

My husband qualified for a facility transfer (from a 180 to a 270 facility) over two years ago. Each year at annual he's asked which facilities he'd like to be put up for. He's still at KVSP.

He had his annual again, was asked where he'd like to go but was told right now priority was being given to new Level 3's. Of course we understand that because they're legally bound to remove them to an appropriate facility. But this will be his third year on the list.

Anyone else with a LO who sat on a transfer for more than 2 years? Or do they just love him so much they wanna keep him? Can hardly say I'd blame them, I'd keep him!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2015, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Just out of curiosity--

My husband qualified for a facility transfer (from a 180 to a 270 facility) over two years ago. Each year at annual he's asked which facilities he'd like to be put up for. He's still at KVSP.

He had his annual again, was asked where he'd like to go but was told right now priority was being given to new Level 3's. Of course we understand that because they're legally bound to remove them to an appropriate facility. But this will be his third year on the list.

Anyone else with a LO who sat on a transfer for more than 2 years? Or do they just love him so much they wanna keep him? Can hardly say I'd blame them, I'd keep him!

My husband was there for almost 2 years I believe and finally got transferred last month he was a level 3 a few months after he got here n they just lagged it and lagged it till he finally got transferred all the way to centinela which wasn't even one of his choices bt waiting to get transferred closer now I hope. Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to maritorres For This Useful Post:
miamac (10-15-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Just out of curiosity--

My husband was there for almost 2 years or a little more I believe and finally got transferred last month he was a level 3 a few months after he got here n they just lagged it and lagged it till he finally got transferred all the way to centinela which wasn't even one of his choices bt waiting to get transferred closer now I hope. Good luck
Old 09-19-2015, 07:19 AM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

My husband went up for review and they told him he is eligible for transfer to lower prison because he asked.....but they told him they are not transferring him because they feel he is doing good at their prison. Really! Smh they are wanting to keep my husband and that's not awesome!
Old 10-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,681 Times in 8,033 Posts

Thanks for the replies, ladies and sorry for the slow reply.

He's still a Level 4, so this isn't because of points. And he is write-up free and "doing well". I believe they don't see a need to move him so he gets placed at the bottom of the list. His counselor told him if he wasn't holding a ticket by Nov(?) to send her a message and she'd review the situation.