Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Virginia that do not fit into any other Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 6,456 Times in 3,301 Posts

Welcome to PTO, I hope that your visit went well.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2013, 08:35 PM

hello! My name is kari wills and my husband to be will be at lee usp in va on the 17th to finish the rest of his sentence. 5 down 6 to go maybe less. The site has truly been a blessing to me!

[/url]
Old 11-16-2013, 05:07 AM

My name is Misty. I am fairly new to this site. I have visited a couple forums since my mom was sentenced on 9/18/13. My mother was sentenced to 5 1/2 years active time in VA prison for three 2nd offense sale of controlled substance charges. This should let you know she has already served time before. We were at odds at that time and were not close. Since her release in 2008, we had built our relationship stronger than ever and now how to be separated once again. This does not even mention I did not grow up with her as a child. The separation has been tough on me so far. I know it has to be tough on her as well. Hoping to find help and support on this site.

Sentenced: 9/18/2013, 1947 Days until Mama comes home. Counting the Days...
Old 12-06-2013, 11:24 PM

Thumbs down How have you done this?

Teresa,
I am new to this site. This is my first post in this section. I am writing you because you have successfully been able to hang onto to your marriage through a long separation. My husband and I will be separated the same amount of time.

I have a lot of questions. Can you tell me what life is like for your husband in whatever facility he is in? How long did it take after he was moved from jail to prison before he could call? I have heard that if you don't live near the prison, when you go for visits that can last hours vs. just 45 minutes, is that true?

Please let me know Teresa. My husband was sentence in June 2013. This February, it will be two years since we've been able to hug, hold hands or touch at all. We talk on the phone a lot, but I heard if you live outside Virginia (I live in PA) phone calls will become an issue and a big expense. I know there are ways around paying higher amounts, but some of the posts in here make it sound like that can cause problems down the road, like losing phone privileges altogether.

Let me know if you can.

Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tereasa88 View Post
My name is Tereasa and I just have never sail hello in this section per say heheh. My husband has been in VA DOC for over 10 years now and we have a bit over 2 left to do. I have stuck by him through it all and we are stronger for it! We have a 9 year old daughter who I was 3 months prego with when he got locked up. We are all awaiting his release. I live in Missouri right now but will be moving out to VA in June to start getting things in order for his release. He is in Coffeewood at the moment and seems to think it is alright!

I am so thankful for this site it has been of great help to me in the past and furture!!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:54 PM

Hello, my name is Misty. My mom was sentenced for the second time on September 18, 2013 for 5 1/2 years active time for second offense sales of controlled substances. During the first incarceration, we were not in an active relationship. I went over eight years and did not have any contact or relationship with her at all because of her drug addictions. I saw her during one visit at the very end of her sentence. She is an addict, but I know this is no excuse. My mom is still currently being housed at the jail awaiting transfer to DOC. The judge advised that she would be sent to a DOC that prioritized substance abuse. I hope she can do her time this round and come out a productive citizen that does not re-offend and have to return to custody. The time away from the family is hard, I feel like I'm doing time on the outside, but I do constantly pray for the best outcome. My mom is not only missing out on her two children's life, but she has four grandchildren and a great-grandchild. Luckily, her great-grandchild will only be 6 when she gets out and Mama will still have time to be a part of her life, and one of the grandchildren will only be 12. Everyone else either is or will be grown and the separation will have a huge impact on the individual relationships. I try to keep in frequent contact with my mom so she knows that she is loved and cared for on the outside. There is not really anyone else who is staying in contact with her but one of her seven siblings, an older sister. Please keep my Mama in your thoughts and prayers as well. Having found this website has been a blessing for me.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:33 AM

Default Sussex 2

I know it's been a number of years since you made your post but I was wondering if your man is still at Sussex 2?
Old 07-01-2016, 06:52 PM

Greetings, my name is Bill and I am new to the site. My woman is incarcerated at FCCW. I live about 30 minutest East of Richmond, Virginia. Although I feel somewhat odd for being one of the very few male voices here, but I'll get used to it. I usually prefer to lurk and learn the lay of the land first, but thought that it would be best to introduce myself.

I initially met my lady through a pen pal ad and that has deepened into something far more profound. She was sentenced to JLWOP for crimes she committed when she was 17 and that was over 20 years ago. So to use the terminology of the site, she would be my MWI, if I am using that abbreviation correctly.

I think that I shall conclude my intro here. If you have read this far, thank you for your time. ;-)
Old 07-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Donation Award 

Hello everyone, I'm not new to the site, but my brother called tonight and he is being transferred to USP Lee. Good news for me don't know about the prison. He was at USP McCreary (4 1/2 hours from me) new warden didn't want him there so put in the hole when warden came in March. He went through Oklahoma City federal transfer center and is currently in Atlanta waiting his transfer to USP Lee. Would like info about hotels, etc and if anyone can tell me about the prison - appears to be on lockdown quite a bit.

Thanks in advance for any information.