Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:07 PM

Default Hotels near Livingston?

Anyone have any hotels they would recommend staying in near Livingston CF? Would like to stay within a 30 min drive or so, don't want a flea bag motel haha.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2016, 08:53 PM

Welcome to the "neighborhood" LOL... my LO is at Groveland, across the street. I pass this one when I go up:
https://www.countryinns.com/mt-morri...14510/nymtmorr

it's a few minutes away from the facilities. Very close to Letchworth State Park, so it's a nicely kept area. Have not stayed there, but they area is very nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to carolmach For This Useful Post:
NevaEndNoWorry (08-13-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 06:40 PM

I checked there for Labor Day weekend because we are an "odd" day so would need Saturday and Sunday night.. But the cost added up way too quick for that.. But after visiting Livingston for the first time today and realizing how fast visit room filled up and terminated visits starting at 1130, I decided it probably wasn't a good idea wasting the money just to get the double visit.. I wasn't really impressed with Livingston today.. The guards seemed very nice, but visit room was very small, filled up, got loud, was very hot, not much for food selection and extremely strict on package - wouldn't allow polo shirts. I'm like ummm wtf? Ah it's gunna be long dealing with it there!
Old 08-14-2016, 09:11 AM

Yeah, Groveland has its ups and downs. It fills up WAY faster than Governeur ever did, and I am almost always terminated because I live so close. Does Livingston have an outside visit area too?
Old 08-14-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolmach View Post
Yeah, Groveland has its ups and downs. It fills up WAY faster than Governeur ever did, and I am almost always terminated because I live so close. Does Livingston have an outside visit area too?
They do, but they didn't open till about 1130 yesterday when I got crowded. Nice little patio area and they terminate first come first go.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:52 AM

Thumbs up

My LO is also in Livingston and I stay usually in Henrietta/ Rochester. Its a 30 min drive or so. Straight shot on 390. Pretty simple but the hotels range from $80-150/night. I also use hotel.com when I book because they do 10 stays at any hotel get a free night. I have stayed at Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn both were nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Danyelley18 For This Useful Post:
NevaEndNoWorry (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 05:58 AM

I scratched my idea of Labor day because of how fast it filled up on the 13th when I was there. I don't want to waste my money on a hotel for 2 nights, just to enjoy a 2 hour visit. I cant find the logic in it. I don't care much for Livingston at all. The package room has so many different rules then any other facility. They sent back 2 pairs of shorts I ordered off Amazon because of a small logo. After I had called and asked about them prior to ordering. I can just imagine the headache we will go through with sneakers there I am sure. It was just about a 2 hour and 35 minute drive for me and that was cruising right along. About 177miles or so coming from North of Utica.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevaEndNoWorry View Post
I scratched my idea of Labor day because of how fast it filled up on the 13th when I was there. I don't want to waste my money on a hotel for 2 nights, just to enjoy a 2 hour visit. I cant find the logic in it. I don't care much for Livingston at all. The package room has so many different rules then any other facility. They sent back 2 pairs of shorts I ordered off Amazon because of a small logo. After I had called and asked about them prior to ordering. I can just imagine the headache we will go through with sneakers there I am sure. It was just about a 2 hour and 35 minute drive for me and that was cruising right along. About 177miles or so coming from North of Utica.
Yeah its crazy with packages there. I have learned as I went. Tons of things have been sent back. The woman in charge of the package room is super strict! Feel free to send me emails I can help best I can with what I had sent back. Danyelley18@gmail.com. What happened on the 13th that you only had a 2 hour visit? When I go usually I get a visit from 10-315pm