Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > GREEN HAVEN HUB - NY DOCS
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GREEN HAVEN HUB - NY DOCS New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the GREEN HAVEN HUB - Green Haven, Downstate, Fishkill, Beacon, Taconic, Bedford Hills.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:22 PM

HELP.. my boyfriend called my house a little while ago.. but the call was messed up and my mother couldnt hear what was being said.. so it said pressed 9.. and it didnt accept the call.. it was a complete accident.. he's of course in downstate.. does anyone know when he will able to call back? ????? pleasee help.. i need to talk to him !
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2010, 10:28 PM

MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED TO MY PRIOR POST! Downstate visit was actually quite nice...there was an available elevator for people like me (disabled)...the line was not too bad just GET THERE EARLY!!!! the guards seem to be human!!!make sure to bring change for the vending machine's...
Old 12-13-2010, 06:54 PM

is there a way i can get my husband in arthur kill cause its closer to home he is in downstate right now
Old 11-21-2016, 10:31 AM
Missing my prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE NYC View Post
You are driven to downstate for processing, to determine what type of facility that will fit an inmates needs and what classification he falls into, they check an inmates education, they do interviews on their past drug history, they take blood work, they receive their first set of state issue clothes, they get their rule book, they get their heads shaved for ID purposes, then the admin decides where they will send your loved one. I can gives tips on how to avoid getting your head shaved, I can give info on how to get an inmate sent to a facility close to where they live. Because, their time starts at downstate and their fate is decided at downstate.

I would hate to see this thread get lost in the sauce with the rest of the threads.

But, I will continue to provide as much info as possible on anything that has to do with NYS prisons/Jails. I have been doing this for 20 years.

Edit:
If you notice I only have 29 posts. But, I have about 13 hours on this board. Some people have thousands of posts and have less hours than me. That is because, when I make a post, I take my time and think out everything I write. Of course I have a typo here and there. But, when I post, I put a part of me and my knowledge in these posts/threads. The time spent on this forum is not from reading that many threads. If I see a thread I can add too I write what I can offer. I like to write from the heart.
Dave NYC, u said u can give tips on how to make inmates get sent to a facility close to where they live. how can i get that done???

Old 11-21-2016, 03:29 PM

I have no idea how old that post is, but there are no "tips" to get closer to home from reception. Positive programming and behavior is what get them hub preference transfers. NYS truly does not recognize hardship requests. Closer to home is an incentive.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:43 PM

I agree with Ms. Sunny. I have a LO who was sent 4 hours away and actually waited 2 years before being brought back where DWI programming was actually available (45 minutes from home). My currently incarcerated LO got very lucky because he has preexisting medical needs that were established while he was home on parole, and when he got violated, County established his medical protocol. I think that is how he ended up being so close (still an hour and 15 mins away). Other than that, there is no "preference" for facility. Sorry, good luck.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_rivera View Post
Dave NYC, u said u can give tips on how to make inmates get sent to a facility close to where they live. how can i get that done???
There's no way to effectively manipulate or influence DOCCS transfer or placement decisions or actions, so it's best to just forget that idea and save yourself disappointment and heartache. Being inside the fence is a trip that develops a life, a mind and a will of its own. The passenger doesn’t get to direct where and when the trip goes. As the old saying goes, hope for the best and plan on the worst. Good luck with however it goes for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Combs For This Useful Post:
carolmach (11-23-2016), Ms Sunny (11-22-2016)