Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:58 PM

Question Shock Program Eligibility and Approval for Screening questions

I'm wondering if anyone has any input regarding my questions and my bfs eligibility for it.

Back in Dec 2016 he was at downstate reception and didn't see a counselor to mid January. He then was told by his counselor that he was eligible, she would submit the application and if he was accepted for screening he should then go to Ulster Cty to do it there and if approved then lakeview! We were so happy for the good news but 2 wks later he was moved to Bare Hill and thinks he was denied because he should have been transferred to Ulster if he was approved but his mother and I both believe maybe they are still processing his application????

He got to see a counselor just a week after being moved to Bare Hill and his counselor told him that he was still eligible, he would submit an application again because he didn't see anything noted in the system that his counselor in Downstate ever submitted his app, smh...
He was also told to submit a letter to Albany to some dept, I don't remember which.

I thought the only time u could get screened for Lakeview Shock is at reception! Were we wrong because the counselor at Bare Hill said he was still eligible. My bf also said that another inmate in his dorm said that he too was eligible for Shock at reception but when he got to Bare Hill his counselor told him the reason why he was moved to another state prison was because he was denied so now my bf and I are confused? I know the other inmate's ineligibility has nothing to do with him but my biggest question is if you are moved from reception to another facility does that automatically mean you've been denied from the Shock program? (Sorry if I'm restating the same question).

Also, my bf has a long criminal record with 1 violent offense when he was much younger where he got arrested for robbery but didn't get time for it. Now yrs later he's in for a Non-violent D Felony, so could his criminal history got him denied?

Lastly, if he is approved for screening does anyone know how long it would be until he would know? Can it take months before they take him for screening?

I'm praying that he is still eligible for Shock and his counselor is not just getting his hopes up for nothing!
Sponsored Links