Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:57 AM

I will just say from experience, if the violation is a technical one (this being a dirty UA, or not reporting or something to that effect) and the PO has proof they are generally sent to ISF. This happened twice to my late husband for dirty UA's and not reporting. He actually had a third but as there was no proof the allegations were dismissed and he was released. If they pick up a new felony case and are convicted of new charge they will be revoked with no doubt. If the new case is a misdemeanor I am not sure about whether they are revoked or not. I am sure that just depends on the recommendation of the parole officer and the boards decision. If I remember correctly they are not given an attorney. They are allowed to speak on their behalf though and on one of those times I was even able to speak on his behalf. Hope this answers some of the questions that have been asked.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 04:27 PM

I need help my friend has 20 years, how long will he actually have to serve on that?? I have been told 7 years, man I'm kinda scared now. How likely is it that he will make it his first time up??? Also I have a deferred adj. of poss. And he is charged with Poss. will they allow him to parole to my house??
Old 01-12-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsmom2010 View Post
I need help my friend has 20 years, how long will he actually have to serve on that?? I have been told 7 years, man I'm kinda scared now. How likely is it that he will make it his first time up??? Also I have a deferred adj. of poss. And he is charged with Poss. will they allow him to parole to my house??

How long he will actually have to do is fully up to the parole office. Nobody can tell you how long he will do. They can tell you how long he will do before eligible for parole, but there is NO guarantee that he will get approved at that time. I have seen people do 5 yrs on a 25 yr sentence and another do 7 1/2 yrs on a 25 yr sentence. My husband is currently doing a 15 yr sentence, but also a 25 yr sentence. He has done 10 yrs this time around. Parole will look at everything when they review a case. The denial reasons for this last denial was ones that can not be changed, ie. criminal background, past drug and alcohol use, the nature of the crime. Parole looks at any and all write ups they may have gotten while locked up. So, how long will he do? Nobody really knows.

Now as for you being on deferred and him paroling to your house, I'm not really sure. I know that if on parole you are not allowed to be around other parolee's or felony probationers or ex-felons unless they are family. I find this to be quite interesting due to the fact that when I was released from TDC and on parole I was sent to the Dallas TTC house where all there were on parole on probation, we lived together, worked together, and rode the bus together. You could call parole now and ask them your question, but the answer is likely to change upteen hundred times between now and the time your friend actually makes parole.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marcs Queen For This Useful Post:
kjsmom2010 (01-12-2011)
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcs Queen View Post
How long he will actually have to do is fully up to the parole office. Nobody can tell you how long he will do. They can tell you how long he will do before eligible for parole, but there is NO guarantee that he will get approved at that time. I have seen people do 5 yrs on a 25 yr sentence and another do 7 1/2 yrs on a 25 yr sentence. My husband is currently doing a 15 yr sentence, but also a 25 yr sentence. He has done 10 yrs this time around. Parole will look at everything when they review a case. The denial reasons for this last denial was ones that can not be changed, ie. criminal background, past drug and alcohol use, the nature of the crime. Parole looks at any and all write ups they may have gotten while locked up. So, how long will he do? Nobody really knows.

Now as for you being on deferred and him paroling to your house, I'm not really sure. I know that if on parole you are not allowed to be around other parolee's or felony probationers or ex-felons unless they are family. I find this to be quite interesting due to the fact that when I was released from TDC and on parole I was sent to the Dallas TTC house where all there were on parole on probation, we lived together, worked together, and rode the bus together. You could call parole now and ask them your question, but the answer is likely to change upteen hundred times between now and the time your friend actually makes parole.

Thank you very much for the information. This is my first time dealing with the pb and I'm freaking out I dont want either of us to be in violation of ANY THING! I'll just pray and wait to see what will happen.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:17 AM
and I'm staying out!!!!!

I just got out last year and the rule is that you can't parole out to a house that has someone there who is on probation/parole unless they are family members. How long is your probation? As far as how long he will have to serve? Nobody knows...just stay strong and tell him to try and stay outta trouble!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 PM

Default Tampering with a witness

My husband is in Dallas County on a parole violation, no new charges. The case was "no billed" in February 2012. His first revocation hearing was on 3/21/2012. There was no findings of violation by the hearing officer. But he received a letter on 3/28/2012 saying that the hearing had been reopened to give the witness a chance to appear. The new hearing is set for 4/23/2012. Today he received papers that says he is being charged with "tampering with a witness" because he called him on 3/20/2012 and asked him if he was coming to the hearing. My questions are, what will they do about this? And what if the witness does not show this time? How many times can a hearing be reopened?

We have an attorney, and he was the one that advised him to tell the witness not to show.

~believing God~
Old 04-18-2012, 05:14 AM

Thanked 11,100 Times in 6,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justustwo View Post
My husband is in Dallas County on a parole violation, no new charges. The case was "no billed" in February 2012. His first revocation hearing was on 3/21/2012. There was no findings of violation by the hearing officer. But he received a letter on 3/28/2012 saying that the hearing had been reopened to give the witness a chance to appear. The new hearing is set for 4/23/2012. Today he received papers that says he is being charged with "tampering with a witness" because he called him on 3/20/2012 and asked him if he was coming to the hearing. My questions are, what will they do about this? And what if the witness does not show this time? How many times can a hearing be reopened?
He NEVER should have made contact with a witness, as the basic rules in that regard are no different than a pending criminal charge. Not only has he opened the door to potential new criminal charges but he has also given a basis to revoke the supervision.

Additionally, a no-bill does not absolutely preclude a finding of violation being made...I have seen more attorneys screw up a rev hearing where there was a no-bill by calling witnesses that give enough to meet the threshold for a finding of an administrative violation.

Quote:
We have an attorney, and he was the one that advised him to tell the witness not to show.
Absolutely stupid move by counsel if they actually made such a statement. They could advise an individual who has asked that there are few consequences if they were not present, but to tell them not to show is a serious ethical breach...you had better hope that never gets back to the hearing officer because if it gets into the record, there are additional issues to potentially confront, not the least of which is that it all but guarantees yet another continuance if the witness was not present.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty0669 View Post
I am interested in hearing different stories on anyone who has had an experience with a parole revocation when a new felony charge ( less than the current offense on parole for, same type low level drug offense)) is the reason for the revocation? How many never made parole again and had to finish the original sentence? Anyone go to a ISF or SAFP after the new charge was disposed? anyone remain on parole with modifications? Those who went back ever not get parole but rec'd mandatory supervision?
What happened to him?
The Following User Says Thank You to tricia $ For This Useful Post:
Far From Texas (05-02-2014)
Old 04-14-2013, 04:00 PM

Default Revocation Experience

I would like to share our experience as I'm sure we aren't the only ones.
My husband got out on parole July 2008. Since then, he has NEVER failed a drug test, NOT committed a new offense and has maintained employment throughout his parole.
In Aug., 2012 he ended a nasty affair. While he got involved willingly at first, she later blackmailed him with threats of calling his PO and sending him back to prison to make him stay. He's on Lifetime parole. During the time of this affair, parole approved her as his sponsor although she was on probation for several DUI's and at some point was convicted of assault family violence against him.
Sept. 2012, she makes a complaint with parole that my husband assaulted her after she threw all his belongings in the trash and called me to tell him to come get his stuff or she would throw it away. She threw his work tools, about $5000 in the dumpster. They told her to file a police report. She did and also filed for a protective order. In the report, the police put there were no injuries and no sign of an assault at the apartment. The police closed the case on Sept. 10 for lack of victim cooperation and parole issued a blue warrant on Sept, 12, 2012. At NO time did the police even interview my husband. The warrant is executed when the fugitive task force kicks in my apartment door and arrested him. He had just moved back in and wasn't even on the lease yet but I ended up getting evicted because he was arrested in the apartment.
In Oct. 2012, we are held over for a revocation hearing. I sell his car to hire an attorney. Attorney shows the woman lied about the assault, the PO testified that the woman has called her (PO) drunk and belligerent and demanding that she (PO) make my husband return to her. We showed a copy of a letter she wrote to him while he was in jail for alleging assaulting her and she talks about how she loves him and would never send him back to prison.
Nov. 2012, revocation is denied but the hearing officer and hearing PO recommend 90 days on a monitor. What??? he's been out over 4 years with no problems and gets put on a monitor? Okay. We'll deal with it.
Nov. 2012, no issues with monitor. Dec. 2012, no issues with monitor. Jan. 2013, no issues with monitor. Feb. 2013, no issues with monitor. Feb. 2013 thinking he would get off monitor, instead is told he'll remain on the monitor pending another home visit because he missed the last one. FACT: home visit was scheduled for 11 to 1. PO Showed up at 1:30 and never called to say she was going to be late. Hubby is allowed to leave the house during the hours of 7 to 3 on Tues., Wed. and Fri. and 7 to 10 on Mon. and Thurs., and 10 til 3 on Sunday. I have the business card with the date and time written in the PO's handwriting.
Feb. 23, parole home visit but a different PO.
Mar. 5, 2013, no known issues, no phone calls from PO, NOTHING. Hubby goes to parole office for visit. Again, thinking the monitor will come off. PO comes out, states, "if you know you have a warrant, you should leave. Of course, he doesn't know of a warrant. He hasn't done anything. He waits for her to come out again and asks what she wants him to do and she replies, "read between the lines". He goes to the parking lot and calls me for advice. I tell him to wait in the parking lot until I find out wtf is going on. I speak to the PO. She tell's me that while she was out sick, another PO covered for her and there were a few curfew violations and not answering the phone when parole called. She said it was probably when he tried to hang out the door to smoke and that PO had been "Blowing up my phone" trying to get ahold of me. I stated to her that that was BS because I had my phone records to show we NEVER received a call from parole and that he had NEVER left during curfew. We were very diligent about staying within the curfew hours. She said that it would be a quick turn around and he would be in and out in abut a week. She spoke to him and they arranged for him to turn himself in after taking care of some business. He turned himself in with the sheriff's depart. and the sheriff's department said there was no active warrant. They actually had to call parole to find out there was a blue warrant.
I speak to the parole officer, the asst. regional director, the regional director and OIG the PO's supervisor, and her supervisor. They all said I would have a chance to show our evidence at the hearing. Each one of them had the ability to stop the warrant upon evidence the violations did not occur.
Hearing is held. My hubby put on 1.5 hours of testimony: parole never set up a perimeter, never did a range check, showed phone bill with no phone calls from parole during the alleged violations or after a warrant was issued, the event history sheet with the wrong SID number on it and no home monitoring unit number or PTX number on it. He even continued to abide by the curfew knowing about the blue warrant and he turned himself in, they gave the date, times and my specific phone number as having been called twice prior to issuing the warrant. We showed how we were never given instructions on using the monitor after parole showed us the violation summaries but they had the WRONG offender name on them and said they read my hubby instructions on the monitor on Nov. 16 at the parole office. He was STILL in jail on Nov. 16th. The PO of course voted to revoke. The decision was sent to the Amarillo board to answer. The Amarillo board is the furthest from us. They found him guilty and sent him to ISF!!!
Remember, He HAS NOT failed a drug test. HE HAS NOT committed any new offenses. He was never even charged for the alleged assault that parole issued the blue warrant for!!!
So, the gist of this is that at any point during parole, no matter if you are guilty or innocent, any member of the public can call parole and make an allegation, not have to provide evidence to prove it, even if you provide actual evidence the violations never took place, they can still send you back to prison.

And please, if you're going to respond, try to be helpful rather than judgemental about the affair. Believe me, we have sure learned from our mistakes.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonali For This Useful Post:
OnlyInTexas (04-14-2013)
Old 04-14-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonali View Post
I would like to share our experience as I'm sure we aren't the only ones.
My husband got out on parole July 2008. Since then, he has NEVER failed a drug test, NOT committed a new offense and has maintained employment throughout his parole.
In Aug., 2012 he ended a nasty affair. While he got involved willingly at first, she later blackmailed him with threats of calling his PO and sending him back to prison to make him stay. He's on Lifetime parole. During the time of this affair, parole approved her as his sponsor although she was on probation for several DUI's and at some point was convicted of assault family violence against him.
Sept. 2012, she makes a complaint with parole that my husband assaulted her after she threw all his belongings in the trash and called me to tell him to come get his stuff or she would throw it away. She threw his work tools, about $5000 in the dumpster. They told her to file a police report. She did and also filed for a protective order. In the report, the police put there were no injuries and no sign of an assault at the apartment. The police closed the case on Sept. 10 for lack of victim cooperation and parole issued a blue warrant on Sept, 12, 2012. At NO time did the police even interview my husband. The warrant is executed when the fugitive task force kicks in my apartment door and arrested him. He had just moved back in and wasn't even on the lease yet but I ended up getting evicted because he was arrested in the apartment.
In Oct. 2012, we are held over for a revocation hearing. I sell his car to hire an attorney. Attorney shows the woman lied about the assault, the PO testified that the woman has called her (PO) drunk and belligerent and demanding that she (PO) make my husband return to her. We showed a copy of a letter she wrote to him while he was in jail for alleging assaulting her and she talks about how she loves him and would never send him back to prison.
Nov. 2012, revocation is denied but the hearing officer and hearing PO recommend 90 days on a monitor. What??? he's been out over 4 years with no problems and gets put on a monitor? Okay. We'll deal with it.
Nov. 2012, no issues with monitor. Dec. 2012, no issues with monitor. Jan. 2013, no issues with monitor. Feb. 2013, no issues with monitor. Feb. 2013 thinking he would get off monitor, instead is told he'll remain on the monitor pending another home visit because he missed the last one. FACT: home visit was scheduled for 11 to 1. PO Showed up at 1:30 and never called to say she was going to be late. Hubby is allowed to leave the house during the hours of 7 to 3 on Tues., Wed. and Fri. and 7 to 10 on Mon. and Thurs., and 10 til 3 on Sunday. I have the business card with the date and time written in the PO's handwriting.
Feb. 23, parole home visit but a different PO.
Mar. 5, 2013, no known issues, no phone calls from PO, NOTHING. Hubby goes to parole office for visit. Again, thinking the monitor will come off. PO comes out, states, "if you know you have a warrant, you should leave. Of course, he doesn't know of a warrant. He hasn't done anything. He waits for her to come out again and asks what she wants him to do and she replies, "read between the lines". He goes to the parking lot and calls me for advice. I tell him to wait in the parking lot until I find out wtf is going on. I speak to the PO. She tell's me that while she was out sick, another PO covered for her and there were a few curfew violations and not answering the phone when parole called. She said it was probably when he tried to hang out the door to smoke and that PO had been "Blowing up my phone" trying to get ahold of me. I stated to her that that was BS because I had my phone records to show we NEVER received a call from parole and that he had NEVER left during curfew. We were very diligent about staying within the curfew hours. She said that it would be a quick turn around and he would be in and out in abut a week. She spoke to him and they arranged for him to turn himself in after taking care of some business. He turned himself in with the sheriff's depart. and the sheriff's department said there was no active warrant. They actually had to call parole to find out there was a blue warrant.
I speak to the parole officer, the asst. regional director, the regional director and OIG the PO's supervisor, and her supervisor. They all said I would have a chance to show our evidence at the hearing. Each one of them had the ability to stop the warrant upon evidence the violations did not occur.
Hearing is held. My hubby put on 1.5 hours of testimony: parole never set up a perimeter, never did a range check, showed phone bill with no phone calls from parole during the alleged violations or after a warrant was issued, the event history sheet with the wrong SID number on it and no home monitoring unit number or PTX number on it. He even continued to abide by the curfew knowing about the blue warrant and he turned himself in, they gave the date, times and my specific phone number as having been called twice prior to issuing the warrant. We showed how we were never given instructions on using the monitor after parole showed us the violation summaries but they had the WRONG offender name on them and said they read my hubby instructions on the monitor on Nov. 16 at the parole office. He was STILL in jail on Nov. 16th. The PO of course voted to revoke. The decision was sent to the Amarillo board to answer. The Amarillo board is the furthest from us. They found him guilty and sent him to ISF!!!
Remember, He HAS NOT failed a drug test. HE HAS NOT committed any new offenses. He was never even charged for the alleged assault that parole issued the blue warrant for!!!
So, the gist of this is that at any point during parole, no matter if you are guilty or innocent, any member of the public can call parole and make an allegation, not have to provide evidence to prove it, even if you provide actual evidence the violations never took place, they can still send you back to prison.

And please, if you're going to respond, try to be helpful rather than judgemental about the affair. Believe me, we have sure learned from our mistakes.
WOW, I am so sorry this happened to you. I'm wondering how common this is...my husband is coming home in 11 days and this scares the crap out of me that something like this can happen when there never was a violation in the first place. So scary...stay strong and good luck!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:04 PM

My loved one moved out after only three weeks of being home. I was devastated but am doing better now. The reason for this post is that he left and wouldn't tell me where he was going. I suspect he moved in with another woman but I'm not sure. He told me that he had contacted his parole officer and cleared the move with him. This was on August 1. On August 11, the date of a scheduled parole meeting, someone from the parole office called his old cell phone (he got a new one when he left) and asked for him. My son answered the phone and told them he didn't live here. All was quiet until yesterday. I received a voice message on my cell from a parole officer asking to speak with my ex loved one. Approximately twenty minutes later he showed up to my house. I wasn't home but my roommate answered. The PO asked for my ex and seemed very surprised when informed that he had moved out about two and a half weeks prior. The PO said he would try to, "track him down." He then thanked my roommate for his time and left his card. My question is, why is parole contacting me when my ex has given them his new address and phone number? Also, will my ex be arrested? This is his first violation to my knowledge.

UPDATE: I'VE READ THE ABOVE POST. SO, JUDGING FROM WHAT CENTX SAID, MY EX WILL NOT BE ARRESTED. THANK YOU.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl1218 View Post
UPDATE: I'VE READ THE ABOVE POST. SO, JUDGING FROM WHAT CENTX SAID, MY EX WILL NOT BE ARRESTED. THANK YOU.
As I just posted in your other thread, DO NOT put words into my mouth. At no time ANYWHERE on PTO (to include this thread which began some six years ago) have I indicated he would not be arrested.

What IS a certainty is that the PO cannot issue a warrant- they lack the statutory authority to do anything other than request a warrant in accordance with agency policy. The absconding of supervision is one of the quickest ways for a warrant TO issue...however, just because a warrant can issue and be published in the same day does not mean execution of the warrant occurs that quickly. MOST warrants are executed either during a routine traffic stop or when a releasee bothers to show up at the parole office. Other execution will occur when they get arrested for yet another criminal offense...

Whether someone is revoked or not is not at the discretion of ANYONE in the Parole Division. Most first-time absconders will be placed into an ISF and then returned to supervision. That is just how the system functions.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
StephyG86 (10-06-2014)
Old 08-21-2014, 06:17 AM

Thank you, CenTex. And, I do apologize for misinterpreting what you originally stated. I appreciate the information.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:32 AM

Has anyone had any experience where the PO has come to visit your LO after he's been booked into county on a blue warrant, and the PO suggests that your LO waive his right to a hearing? I feel my husband was slighted and conned into waiving his right to a hearing. The PO told him that it was in his best interest to waive it and that it would expedite the process. My husband was not explained to, what waiving his rights entailed and now I am terrified that he is going to be revoked. It was his first technical violation, and it was for his very first DWI, which according to his paperwork, is a Class B Misdemeanor. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done?
Old 10-06-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyG86 View Post
Has anyone had any experience where the PO has come to visit your LO after he's been booked into county on a blue warrant, and the PO suggests that your LO waive his right to a hearing? I feel my husband was slighted and conned into waiving his right to a hearing. The PO told him that it was in his best interest to waive it and that it would expedite the process. My husband was not explained to, what waiving his rights entailed and now I am terrified that he is going to be revoked. It was his first technical violation, and it was for his very first DWI, which according to his paperwork, is a Class B Misdemeanor. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done?
NEVER waive a hearing. The ONLY person it is in the best interest of is the PO who no longer has to issue subpoenas or put together the hearing packet or show up at the hearing.

You do not indicate whether the DWI has been disposed of or whether it is still pending...if it has been disposed of, then the Board has the full range of voting options, to include revocation or placement into an ISF or SAFP. If the charge is still pending, then the only options are to continue him on supervision or keep him in custody pending the revocation hearing.

Be aware that a new criminal offense is NOT a technical violation! He BROKE THE LAW. Any attempt to minimize that fact will NOT sit well with the Hearing Officer OR the Board.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:26 PM

So since he has already waived his right to a hearing, is there any way of reversing that? His attorney is suggesting that they resolve the DWI with a guilty plea instead of contesting it. He is also bringing the court date up sooner as well. I just don't understand how either of those options are in his favor as far as parole is concerned.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
So since he has already waived his right to a hearing, is there any way of reversing that? His attorney is suggesting that they resolve the DWI with a guilty plea instead of contesting it. He is also bringing the court date up sooner as well. I just don't understand how either of those options are in his favor as far as parole is concerned.
If the criminal charge is still pending, then it was likely a prelim that was waived...and that paperwork has probably long since been sent to the Board. That is one of those things that, once done, really cannot be undone. Claims of promises or inducements by the PO do not hold water since the PSV-48 documents expressly state what is at stake, and his signature indicates he understood what he was signing.

As to taking a plea on the DWI, all I can do without knowing anything else about the case is to remind you that plea agreements on a DWI are rarely a good thing when one looks at ALL of the collateral consequences. And even a plea to something reduced like obstruction of a public roadway will carry consequences...
Old 06-07-2015, 04:20 PM

If someone gets their parole revoked, how long do they have to serve before they are parole eligible again?
Old 06-07-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
If someone gets their parole revoked, how long do they have to serve before they are parole eligible again?
It all depends on the individual case...some are eligible for parole as soon as the ink on the white warrant has been put to paper. Others may be a while since they have to accumulate additional time credits (since good time does not vest and a person who made parole based on a combination of credits may not have sufficient flat time to be eligible right away).
Old 06-07-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
It all depends on the individual case...some are eligible for parole as soon as the ink on the white warrant has been put to paper. Others may be a while since they have to accumulate additional time credits (since good time does not vest and a person who made parole based on a combination of credits may not have sufficient flat time to be eligible right away).
Okay, I think that makes sense to me. So there is no set time length on which a person might go back on a violation then, correct? What if they are charged with a new crime? Will it run concurrent or will it be an extension to their original sentence?
Old 06-07-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Okay, I think that makes sense to me. So there is no set time length on which a person might go back on a violation then, correct? What if they are charged with a new crime? Will it run concurrent or will it be an extension to their original sentence?
Eligibility is simply the math on a particular sentence...but just because someone might be ELIGIBLE on paper does not mean they will get a favorable vote...in fact, it is quite common to see people do more even on a technical return than they did the first time around precisely so there is a punitive element that might actually set in (since simple incarceration and the gift of a release obviously had no impact).

New felony convictions begin when the Court says they do...there are only certain instances where something can be stacked. However, remember that running concurrent does not mean that there is an entitlement to time spent in custody prior to the offense date on the new conduct. It just would mean that every day spent in custody on one offense would also count as a day on the other sentence. And, further, in some cases, the new sentence will actually eat up the old sentence for calculation purposes...there are also instances where the old sentence remains controlling for mandatory supervision or maximum expiration dates but the new sentence is controlling for determining parole eligibility.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munny View Post
thank you my fiance had her revocation hearing on the 11th in gatesville...the hearing officer recommended discharge....i should be finding out in the next 2-3 weeks if she is discharged or has to serve the next 11 months in jail...praying for her to get discharged and come home

her actual parole was finished in june of 2007 and the warrant was out since november 2006...so i dont believe they would put her back on parole....its either discharge or serve time
I would like to know how things turned out for your fiancé, my sister was released from Gatesville in 2006 and she stopped reporting in 2007, but she should come off parole Nov. 3, 2015 she has not been in any trouble in fact she worked every day and went to school until she became disable. I am trying to find out if I should get her a parole lawyer are just contact Austin to see if they will allow her to go ahead and discharge from parole. could you please help with Information. thank you
Old 11-03-2015, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrslthomas51 View Post
I would like to know how things turned out for your fiancé, my sister was released from Gatesville in 2006 and she stopped reporting in 2007, but she should come off parole Nov. 3, 2015 she has not been in any trouble in fact she worked every day and went to school until she became disable. I am trying to find out if I should get her a parole lawyer are just contact Austin to see if they will allow her to go ahead and discharge from parole. could you please help with Information. thank you
That poster has not been on PTO for more than a year.

That being said, someone who absconded almost immediately after being released will do best at a hearing with competent counsel. Chances are good that there are objections that an offender will not know to make and they certainly will not get the subpoenas issued that need to be issued. Offenders also seem to always feel they HAVE to open their mouths during the taking of evidence which then means the record has many admissions against interest.

Also not mentioned is whether they are in custody now and whether that custodial status is in the same County where they were supposed to have been supervised. If not in custody, then counsel can give guidance on where to consider self-surrendering...again, this can be a strategic decision that impacts the outcome of the proceeding.

They are NOT going to make a decision on the warrant until she is in custody. So, no, it is not a simple matter of making a phone call to the Warrants Section.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
If the criminal charge is still pending, then it was likely a prelim that was waived...and that paperwork has probably long since been sent to the Board. That is one of those things that, once done, really cannot be undone. Claims of promises or inducements by the PO do not hold water since the PSV-48 documents expressly state what is at stake, and his signature indicates he understood what he was signing.

As to taking a plea on the DWI, all I can do without knowing anything else about the case is to remind you that plea agreements on a DWI are rarely a good thing when one looks at ALL of the collateral consequences. And even a plea to something reduced like obstruction of a public roadway will carry consequences...
Yes my boyfriend was told by his Po its best for him to waive hearing because he will recommend isf n with hearing its not up to him, its up to hearing officer. So he waived. He got blue warrant for staying out past curfew. He had gps monitor. I'm wondering what is likelihood he will be revoked. He is in for 3g offense. I'm so mad at him for doing this with us just having a baby I think I hope he gets revoked
Old 03-13-2017, 10:30 PM

Default Update isf

My bf waived his hearing went to isf for 45 days. He said alot guys in there multiple times without getting revoked although he says he isn't chancing and so far nine months later he hasn't done anything to get in trouble again