Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:52 AM

Default Attica prison Visitation Termination. Help :(

Hi guys, I'm really new to this and I'm pretty concerned. I went to visit my man and our visit was terminated for "frisky behavior" the c'o says. Now he's on keep lock and his hearing was adjourned twice because he's fighting it and waiting on video proof. According the the officer our hands were on eachothers "crotch". He called me as a witness and I denied all of these claims as well. My question is, even if he gets a little box time and I know our visits are temporarily suspended I believe it's 90 days. I'm still waiting for my letter in the mail. Because he is technically incapacitated, if they find us "guilty" of these charges will he have to take the "SOP" Sexual Offender Program or now register as a sexual offender? He is not and has never been sentenced for any sexually related crimes what so ever. Our hands were not in or under eachothers clothing. I can live with the temporarily terminated visits and he'll survive the box time but it's the additional part I'm worried about. Anyone have any idea or been through this?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2017, 11:55 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 1,150 Posts

He would have to be found guilty of actually breaking a LAW, not just a prison rule, in order to be convicted and required to be on the registry. If you are of a legal age and the action, whatever it was, was consensual then no, he will not be charged with an actual crime and you needn't worry about the sex offender registry.

That being said, most prisons consider misconduct with sexual tones to be a pretty high-level infraction so be prepared for a significant penalty if he is found guilty.

I should add- even if he doesn't technically catch new charges, extra time is a definitely possibility if he had any time off earned for good behavior. Loss of that time could be part of his punishment package.

Last edited by Marseille; 04-08-2017 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: added
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marseille For This Useful Post:
David (04-09-2017), Ms Sunny (04-08-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 02:54 PM

I was on a visit at Clinton when something like this happened to another couple in the visiting room.....although they were really touching each other. He got sent to the box; and she got banned.