Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service, etc in Nevada should be posted here.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:44 AM

Question I Broke No-Victim-Contact Before I Got Parole. Can My Parole Be Revoked?

I am currently a parolee in Nevada. I did some time in prison for domestic violence against my ex-girlfriend. When I was in the county jail (CCDC), I had an extended protective order against her, as well as an order from the judge not to contact her. However, I broke both of those orders and maintained contact with her through the phone and letters. While I was fighting my case, I even suggested her that she doesn't show up to court, which she has proof of in writing. I stopped calling/writing her about 8 months ago because I realized that I shouldn't be messing with someone like her, and not too long ago, I left prison on parole.

My question is: "Can my parole be revoked based on the fact that I broke the no-contact orders BEFORE I even received my parole?"
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2017, 03:37 AM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,835 Times in 11,078 Posts

If you mean can you be removed from parole, probably not. I'd be really worried about picking up new charges, though - different charges for attempts to suborn a witness.

Last edited by nimuay; 04-26-2017 at 03:52 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nimuay For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-26-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (04-26-2017), Sarianna (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 05:24 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,510 Times in 12,964 Posts

Parole violations happen when you are on parole, not before, but the judge who issued the no contact orders could definitely punish you for ignoring them. Making admissions on the public internet is a very bad idea too, it's almost a challenge to "catch me if you can."
Old 04-26-2017, 06:34 AM

Thanked 11,100 Times in 6,007 Posts

Most jurisdictions have adopted procedures or have their own case law similar to Ex parte Tony Ray Snow, which was a case here in Texas that dealt with that precise issue. Where such procedures exist, a revocation action may be had ONLY upon a violation alleged to occur AFTER the rules of supervision have been read and the parole certificate signed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (04-26-2017), Sarianna (04-26-2017)