Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service, electronic monitoring, etc. in New Jersey should be posted here.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:32 PM

Default Possibility of early release in NJ

My boyfriend was sentenced to 6 years recently. He signed a plea under the No Early Release Act. The earliest he can get out is a little over 5 years, however, people continuously tell me that there's a chance he'll get out sooner because of overcrowding, no prior record, etc. Is this true/ a possibility despite the plea he signed?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2017, 09:42 AM

unfortunately you cant believe everything you hear. I just finished a similar sentence but it was 7 years instead of 6. I did almost 6 years off of it. NERA (no early release act) means just that and he will do his sentence day for day until his max release date. Then they tack on either 3 or 5 years depending of mandatory parole so essentially its a 9 or 11 yr sentence because thats how long he will be in the system. Best of luck. any other questions you can private message me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kronikenergy For This Useful Post:
Jelly_Belly (05-17-2017), Tina (05-13-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 08:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronikenergy View Post
I just finished a similar sentence but it was 7 years instead of 6. I did almost 6 years off of it.
Congratulations on completing the prison part of your sentence. How are you adjusting? I will pray for you today. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:20 PM

adjustment took a month maybe a little longer, still have some quirks and a touch of ptsd but that is too expected after everything i saw.

trying to get a job thats better than minimum wage but people are not overly keen on second chances. trying to stay positive
The Following User Says Thank You to kronikenergy For This Useful Post:
Jelly_Belly (05-19-2017)