Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New Jersey that do not fit into any other New Jersey sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:24 PM

Default Are they messing with my Husband?!

Hello!

So My Husband was sentenced on May 1st of this year. to 3yrs with a mandatory min of 2. He is currently at the CRAF Facility. During his sentencing they explained to him that he would be immediately eligible for a halfway house. So far he has been denied for Jones Farm, (immediately) and Community Release Programs (by Central Office). Within CRAF he has been moved 4 times around the jail (South 2, Infirmary, Pedophiles wing and now East 1B) and was given a job after 54 days. Just this past week he was informed he was accepted at the Rahway Camp. They took him down there Tuesday morning, put him in the "hole" then brought him back to CRAF on Wednesday afternoon. Needless to say he did not get to set foot on the camp. He wants to do his time comfortably. This is his first offense ever, he is a full minimum status inmate. I personally have called to see what was going on and why he was moved and they told me that their was no reasoning in the system and to check back next week. We are under the impression that they are screwing with him mainly because he was a former state worker of authority. Please Advise ...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2017, 02:45 PM

that is a possibility. He could try and reach out to a social worker to see what is going on but even that is iffy. You could try to reach out to the ombudsman and see if they can find out anything. sorry i have nothing else for you but they do what they want and the system protects itself.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronikenergy View Post
that is a possibility. He could try and reach out to a social worker to see what is going on but even that is iffy. You could try to reach out to the ombudsman and see if they can find out anything. sorry i have nothing else for you but they do what they want and the system protects itself.
Yes, I seem to grasp that concept that they do whatever, when ever. We both have tired to reach out the a social worker and classification. I have reached out to the Ombudsman as well, and he seems helpful but then he said he tires not to get involved. So I guess just waiting it out is the best!!! Thanks!
Old 09-11-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorgan View Post
Hello!

So My Husband was sentenced on May 1st of this year. to 3yrs with a mandatory min of 2. He is currently at the CRAF Facility. During his sentencing they explained to him that he would be immediately eligible for a halfway house. So far he has been denied for Jones Farm, (immediately) and Community Release Programs (by Central Office). Within CRAF he has been moved 4 times around the jail (South 2, Infirmary, Pedophiles wing and now East 1B) and was given a job after 54 days. Just this past week he was informed he was accepted at the Rahway Camp. They took him down there Tuesday morning, put him in the "hole" then brought him back to CRAF on Wednesday afternoon. Needless to say he did not get to set foot on the camp. He wants to do his time comfortably. This is his first offense ever, he is a full minimum status inmate. I personally have called to see what was going on and why he was moved and they told me that their was no reasoning in the system and to check back next week. We are under the impression that they are screwing with him mainly because he was a former state worker of authority. Please Advise ...
with this system nothing ever makes any sense. the state ombudsman may be able to help 609 633 2596
Old 09-25-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarrat View Post
with this system nothing ever makes any sense. The state ombudsman may be able to help 609 633 2596
thank you!!!