Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:13 PM

Default Restricted Visits

I recently got a letter from ODRC saying that my visits are restricted. I gave my husband a contact because he has only had 1 in, for the last 4 months and is unable to see. He has been waiting for glasses for roughly 3-4 months. My question to you is, am i restricted from visiting all inmates? Or just him? A good friend of ours is in another prison and I was going to visit him. But I believe I will be restricted from all. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2017, 07:20 PM

The letter reads:

The Administrative Regulations of the Ohio Dept of Rehabilitation and Correction authorize restrictions of an inmates visiting privileges. The following facts have come to our attention which necessitates restricting your visiting privileges of John Smith at Blank Blank Correctional Institute: "During your visit on November 19, 2017 you were observed passing an unauthorized item to inmate Smith. You will be on a 3 month visiting restriction."
Our procedures permit you to have the opportunity to present your views on the above matter prior to a final decision being made. If you wish you express your thoughts, please write a letter sharing your views to the Warden within 7 days. Failure to contact this institution will result in loss of visiting privileges for the dates indicated above. This notice of restriction applies to other inmate at any other institute you may be approved to visit. In addition, you may correspond with any inmate but are prohibited from providing packages during the restricted period.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:28 PM
He's out!!

Hi BJ,

It seems you are restricted from visiting all inmates you have been approved to visit.

You can write a letter in your defense to the Warden in hopes the decision can be overturned.

Goodluck
Old 11-24-2017, 08:18 PM

Thanked 3,824 Times in 1,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj2018 View Post
This notice of restriction applies to other inmate at any other institute you may be approved to visit. .
What part of this point-blank answer to your question were you struggling with?

Send a letter explaining yourself for sure. They might go easier on your since it was a harmless object, but generally contraband is contraband. Was he permitted to keep the contact lens?