Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:26 PM

Is there a formal "parole packet" of information that specifies what should and should not be included in the mailing? If there is, where can one be obtained for those incarcerated in the State of Texas?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 PM

Superstar of the Year 

Thanked 4,950 Times in 3,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynner View Post
Is there a formal "parole packet" of information that specifies what should and should not be included in the mailing? If there is, where can one be obtained for those incarcerated in the State of Texas?
Welcome to PTO! I'm glad you've found us! Each parole packet is individualized to the inmate, so there's no "formal" specifics to follow. I made ours by using the Stickys like this one in the TX Parole Preparation Forum. There's lots of GREAT advice and examples there. I will provide links below. I wish you the best of luck!

Sticky: Welcome to the Texas Parole Preparation Forum

Sticky: Texas Support letters – helpful tips

Sticky: Texas Support Letter - Example

Sticky: Texas Parole Packet and Several Examples

Sticky: Sample Texas Parole Packet – Easy Format

Sticky: Parole Preparation FAQ

[/color][/size][/center]

Old 02-18-2012, 06:36 PM

As I've been reading about parole packets I have a question. Most of the advice I have read is for people serving longer sentences than my boyfriend will. He has 3 years tdc on possession of a controlled substance. So from what I've read he'll be up for his first parole hearing in 4-5 months. He hasn't left yet, he will be going in a few days. Should we start sending letters right away? What's the best way to deal with this if his parole sentence is that close to him going in?
Old 02-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Mrs. Alcorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melp
As I've been reading about parole packets I have a question. Most of the advice I have read is for people serving longer sentences than my boyfriend will. He has 3 years tdc on possession of a controlled substance. So from what I've read he'll be up for his first parole hearing in 4-5 months. He hasn't left yet, he will be going in a few days. Should we start sending letters right away? What's the best way to deal with this if his parole sentence is that close to him going in?
IMO dont send anything until he has his interview with the IPO. That way the parole board will get everything around the same time...that's what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

The Following User Says Thank You to IloveyouRuben For This Useful Post:
Melp (02-21-2012)
Old 01-05-2018, 10:15 AM

My boyfriend wasn't to come up for parole until March 2018 but he went in front of the board in December 2017. He hasn't received their answer yet. Is it too late to write letters of support? How long is it before he should receive his answer?
Old 01-05-2018, 02:16 PM
She Came Home 11/6/08
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,089 Times in 917 Posts

His December meeting could have been with the IPO (at the individual unit). From there he may not be voted on right away, so I would say it is not too late - you can find out the fax number and make it that much faster for them to receive your letter. The contact info for the regional and the main (Austin) Board of Pardons and Parole is on the TDCJ website.

I got acknowledgment letters within a few days of having faxed a letter of support.
The Following User Says Thank You to JaycieDnTejas For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-05-2018)