Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Legal News & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Legal News & Information Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of Texas.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:44 PM

Exclamation Burglary Habitation with Intend other felony

Here's a little background for a better understanding on what might happen if prosecuted-

Recently my babies dad was under investigation with CPS for neglect and abuse They interviewed him and saw him as unfit and ruled him out of the house. The main concern behind this was drug use. He failed with only Marijuana. He then needed to be evaluated with mental health concern. He was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and one other thing i cannot remember. It was under our agreement with CPS that he could not have unsupervised visits with his son. Also that he could not show up to my work or home unannounced.
So what happened- He showed up unannounced, i was cleaning and the back door was open. He came in (without consent) wanting to 'Talk about our relationship" and "how we could work everything out so that he could come back home" I asked him to leave multiple times before i said i was calling the police. He got both verbally and physically aggressive. He grabbed me and pinned me to the couch and took my phone and threw it over my balcony into a wooded area. He also took my phone. All of which the police retrieved from him whenever they came. He was unwilling to talk with them which ended up him fighting with them when they tried to arrest him. 3 officers were wounded but i do not know if they claimed his injuries. They did not leave it up to me to press charges but when he was processed he was charged with Burglary Habitation with intend other felony, interfer w/emergency req for assistance and resist arrest search or transport. My question is what is the likely hood he will be convicted and what do you think his punishment will be. I have talked with an investigator and have told them i believe he should face his consequences and at least be in an inpatient care facility for no less that 90 days.

Thank in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2018, 01:31 AM

Thanked 11,097 Times in 6,006 Posts

There is nowhere near enough information to determine what might occur and the additional information necessary should NOT be placed in a public forum. His attorney can give him a better idea of what to expect in the jurisdiction where the charges are pending.

Much of sentencing will depend on how willing he is to comply with treatment. If he is fortunate, he gets out of this with a ten-year probation that includes a SAFP component. If he was extremely unlucky and has a conviction on the first-degree felony, then he could get 99 or life. Or he winds up somewhere in between.

To have been charged with the first degree burglary says they either wanted to ensure he didn't bond out anytime soon or there is A LOT more to the matter than is in this capsulized version of events.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
ar_ryan (01-29-2018)