Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Virginia that do not fit into any other Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:52 PM

Default I'm new here...Looking for info on Buckingham

*My son-in-law* Is currently incarcerated in VA.. getting ready to be transferred to one of three locations in VA from what we're being told. He says you hear bad about all prisons but am wondering if anyone has any info on how bad/ good Buckingham is? It's one of the three. Thanks!

Last edited by Fridyrr.Likn; 02-22-2018 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: To clarify title and post
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2018, 02:46 PM

Hello and welcome

All of the prisons have bs with them. My LO is at Nottoway and my brother is at Sussex. I have no information on Buckingham but its a level 3 so hopefully its not too bad.
Fridyrr.Likn (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 02:56 PM

Thanked 3,990 Times in 1,743 Posts

Hi and welcome to Prison Talk! I hope he gets where he's going and settled in soon!
Old 02-20-2018, 05:19 PM

Default Thank you both,

I guess only time will tell. You hear so much, and we don't really know what to expect. Had been told Buckingham was one of the better ones, then told it's really bad. It's a little closer, but idk. I guess I should be thankful the furthest of the three is 2 hours rather than the other end of the state!

It's our first time dealing with something like this, though it's his second time incarcerated. Praying this will be his LAST time. First time didn't matter much to him, he didn't have people who loved him, so this time hopefully stings enough to keep him from going back again, but...will be a while. Just so glad he is out of Piedmont now!!

Anyway, thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to reddsmil For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (02-20-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 04:29 PM

Default He's been moved to Greenville!!

Not what we were hoping for...very nervous about him being there...SO many more inmates there.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:05 AM

I cant speak on Buckingham currently, however I have visited there and my sons friend was there for a little while. It wasn't too bad as prisons go, and he didnt get into too much trouble there which was a turn for him. The visitation was the pretty relaxed comparatively. Prisons all have there problems but from what I understand Buckingham is one of the better.
Sorry just read the update, well not too much positive I can say about Greensville. I know my LO was there until his first year and he transferred out as quick as he could. If you havent visited there be prepared to be searched alot. If they haven't changed they search when you go in, they search if you have to go to the bathroom, you cannot touch them at all during visitation. Hopefully its changed.

Last edited by istrueblue; 03-08-2018 at 07:10 AM..
Old 03-08-2018, 09:45 AM

Default We havent been for visitation yet ...

Still waiting to hear back on the visitation applications. Greensville is closer for us, but was hoping for Green Rock. I havent heard much on Greensville good or bad, but just what little I have heard hasn't been so good. Counselor told him he could possibly be transferred within the year if his security level lowers, but still that will be a good 10 months at least. Really HATING all this.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddsmil View Post
Still waiting to hear back on the visitation applications. Greensville is closer for us, but was hoping for Green Rock. I havent heard much on Greensville good or bad, but just what little I have heard hasn't been so good. Counselor told him he could possibly be transferred within the year if his security level lowers, but still that will be a good 10 months at least. Really HATING all this.
It was not a good experience for my LO, they are constantly on lockdown. Good thing they now have ac, so that makes things better. As I said not sure if they changed but visiting, usually was packed and never could visit more than an hour or so. It is also the prison they do the executions, so anytime an inmate comes in for an execution the whole facility is locked down. Dont know too much about Green Rock, but as I said dont think Buckingham is bad as prisons go. We were lucky he went to Deerfield and it was good...older population for the most part.