Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Legal News & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Legal News & Information Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of Texas.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:53 PM

Default House arrest in a "red zone" meaning he isn't allowed to go there?

My boyfriend was recently put on house arrest for alleged domestic violence but his residence is considered to be in a "red zone" meaning he isn't allowed to go there. Is that even legal? I mean how can you be on house arrest but not allowed to go to your house.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedanswers18 View Post
My boyfriend was recently put on house arrest for alleged domestic violence but his residence is considered to be in a "red zone" meaning he isn't allowed to go there. Is that even legal? I mean how can you be on house arrest but not allowed to go to your house.
What exactly is a "red zone"? Only way I could see them saying he can't stay there is if the supposed incident happened there and/or the alleged victim lives there.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:52 PM

Red zones are areas that he is not allowed to go. The alleged victim doesn't live there but has a family member that lives 2 blocks away. But that has been his residence his entire life. He can't even go to certain stores because the alleged victim shops there.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedanswers18 View Post
Red zones are areas that he is not allowed to go. The alleged victim doesn't live there but has a family member that lives 2 blocks away. But that has been his residence his entire life. He can't even go to certain stores because the alleged victim shops there.
The family member two blocks away is probably the reason why he can't live there. Have they provided any options for places he can move to while he's on house arrest? Not sure if a halfway house would be an option in this situation or not, but he needs a place to live, guilty or not.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:18 PM

Thanked 11,098 Times in 6,006 Posts

I've never, in more than 30 years of dealing with Texas jurisprudence, heard the term 'red zone' but it sounds like a standard distance order. These come into play most frequently with sex offenses and family violence situations. It is unclear whether this is pre-trial supervision or whether there has been an adjudication, but yes, it is perfectly legal to impose distance restrictions that are reasonably related to the offense conduct or allegations pending before the Court.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
NeedA_Name (03-25-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 07:19 PM

Thanked 5,983 Times in 3,114 Posts

I'm calling BULLSHIT!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
MrsDeeKay (03-25-2018)