Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:14 AM

Default What can I do to help him?

My fiance (the father of our three children) was given 2.5 years (conspiracy to commit a crime) with a stipulation. Once long term A&D is complete, he may be released. 10/19/2017 he was enrolled in the A&D program at SMCI with a release of 4/20/2018. On 3/22/2018 he was "ADMINISTRATIVELY MOVED" out with only 27 days left to come home. I have spoken with case workers, directors, offender services, inmate records, classification at Jackson, warden's office, and the superintendent's office. His file is clean. He wasn't served any RVR's, called out for questioning, or found guilty of any wrong doing. He was moved with 17 other people to other parts of the compound. Most of those were served RVR's the day after the move. The A&D directors says it was because he was having gang activity and/or drug trafficking. She also said "it is what it is"!!! HE IS NOT AFFILIATED and will say this publicly. He wasn't drug tested and I know how this sounds but he isn't doing drugs. First time in prison and wants to do his time to come home to our children. I see him religiously every chance we can visit. I drive 5 hours to stay in a hotel to see him the next morning. I've been with him for 22 years. I know how he looks and acts on drugs. I give him $100 every week for canteen, he's not in debt or hurting for things. This MDOC rehab was last option for him. So with 27 days left to come home, he has now been waiting 48 days of dead time. He has signed papers to finish out his time at Pearl River County Jail. He signed those papers almost 4 weeks ago. They say he is waiting on vacancy and the transportation officer to sign off on his move. Meanwhile many inmates have been moved to Pearl River Jail since his signing. I have been watching Pearl River County Jail's inmate list since he signed his papers as well. I am going to try and speak with our state representative tomorrow to see if he can expedite his move or if he can do anything at all. We just want him home so we can start our life back right. It's really starting to affect the children. Hurry up and wait. I just believe he was falsely targeted in the admin move. I worked at MCCF, I know a little about how it all works but it's kinda different being on the outside looking in.

Why was he moved for no reason?
Can my state rep doing anything to help me or help speed up the process?
What else can I do to help speed things along?
If he was falsely moved, will he be credited his dead time?

Any information, is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2018, 04:45 AM
AmyLynn

Even if he's not moved to jail right away he's still getting the day for day credit. It is over crowded but until that transport officer signs off on it he's not gonna be moving. There's no rhyme or reason why they moved him to admin. They could very easily say "suspicion". With 27 days left I would be careful calling down there cause that's gonna come towards him if they get tired of it. Senator isn't gonna get involved. My advice is to roll with the punches here without making waves....he's got 27 days left. If you worked at MCCF you should be aware of how they get in no hurry for anything.
rksgray13 (05-09-2018), xolady (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 04:53 AM

Thanked 5,991 Times in 3,116 Posts

As above said just roll with it and don't make waves.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
rksgray13 (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 04:55 AM

Thank you for responding. I know there's no hurry in anything done on the inside. I don't want to call and make waves. He doesn't seem to understand that I can't make them do anything any more than he can. It's so frustrating, ya know. We were excited that he was coming home last month and then they threw a curve in March and moved him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rksgray13 For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (05-09-2018), xolady (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 05:11 AM

Better waiting and toughing it out then being in general pop and getting caught up in something bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
rksgray13 (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 05:14 AM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Better waiting and toughing it out then being in general pop and getting caught up in something bad.
What I just told her. Least on admin lock he's out of the way. It sucks but as the familiar saying goes hurry up and wait.
rksgray13 (05-09-2018), xolady (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 05:21 AM

I worked in medical at MCCF and I would feel so bad for some of the inmates and hate how the CO's would treat them.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksgray13 View Post
I worked in medical at MCCF and I would feel so bad for some of the inmates and hate how the CO's would treat them.
Believe me I totally get that, but a lot of inmates do bring it on also!!! Not all CO's or staff are bad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (05-09-2018), rksgray13 (05-09-2018)