Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Illinois that do not fit into any other Illinois sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:18 PM

Question In SHU for trumped up charges, need an attorney in Illinois

My son is in Greenville, Il and is in the SHU for trumped up charges and could get time added on plus go to a UPS and since he is a sex offender he will get killed. He has been beaten up twice in county and then Pekin.

Need an attorney to defend him. Any suggestions? Also need suggestions for in person support groups for families of loved ones in prison.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2018, 04:30 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,643 Times in 16,408 Posts

I know that you're most likely pretty frustrated & angry, but if its inside charges an attorney isn't going to be able to defend your son. Your son has to file grievances & appeals himself. I'm sorry, I truly am, but its their house, their rules.

As for moving your son from a state facility to a Federal one, won't happen. Can't happen unless your son's charges are outside charges at the Federal level.

....and, as for being a sex offender, there are so many in every prison system these days that it really isn't all that bad. Most inmates just want to do their time and go home.

Don't take this wrong, and please don't be offended, but is it possible that your son is being a stinker ....hence the getting beaten & charges. I had to ask because some parents are over-the-top over-protective whose kids can do no wrong and in the meantime the kid's behavior is pretty bad.

If I may ask, how old is your son & how long has he been incarcerated?

I hope things turn out ok & your son is allowed out of the SHU asap. Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
miamac (06-08-2018), Ms Sunny (06-08-2018), Nanner109 (06-10-2018), Sarianna (06-09-2018)