Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Illinois that do not fit into any other Illinois sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:25 AM

Post In Illinois, how do we begin process of transferring to out-of-state prison

If I have put this in the wrong Forum I apologize in advance.
My husband has been in the Illinois Department of Corrections for 32 years and we would like to transfer out-of-state how do we begin this process? How do we know if he's eligible to transfer to another prison? Is it really difficult to transfer? Any help guidance directions anything would be helpful..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2018, 11:33 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,710 Times in 13,070 Posts

A transfer to a different prison while he is incarcerated will be completely up to the Illinois Department of Corrections. Interstate Compact deals with transferring parole or probation supervision to a different State. Here's a link to the ICAOS web page.
https://www.interstatecompact.org/about
Old 06-10-2018, 08:00 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflwrs View Post
If I have put this in the wrong Forum I apologize in advance.
My husband has been in the Illinois Department of Corrections for 32 years and we would like to transfer out-of-state how do we begin this process? How do we know if he's eligible to transfer to another prison? Is it really difficult to transfer? Any help guidance directions anything would be helpful..

The type of transfer you are looking for falls under
INTERSTATE CORRECTIONS COMPACT You may want to look this up in your State Statues, or Code for a better definition and how it works. Interstate Corrections Compact 730 ILCS 5/3-4-4 I really didn't find the type of information on this type of transfer that I wanted. What limited information I could found I found at
National Center for Interstate Compacts Database I personally haven't done or helped anyone with this type of transfer. But I have seen inmates from another states in other state prisons ( Ark. to Cal.)
fbopnomore (06-11-2018)