Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:00 PM

Default Green sheet timelines

Hi all was really hoping never to have to ask questions in here again, but......
My son was on state parole, out for almost 2 years, got a receiving stolen property charge. Sentenced to 1 year minus 1 day to 2 years minus 2 day for new charge. He sat a little over a year in the county prison, was transferred to SCI Mercer after sentencing a little over his minimum. He has been there since April 26, 2015 Almost 4 months, he's heard nothing from the board, his parole officer has heard nothing either. How long till he gets a green sheet? He waived his first hearing before the board. Any ideas? Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2015, 05:55 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,266 Posts

It can take the Board a while to decide these cases. First, nothing was done until the field agent sent up a copy of the outcome of the new case. Then they have the formality of the Gagnon proceedings, although your son has nothing to gain by dragging them out. So, then the board decides several things:
1. Is there a technical violation? If so, then what sanction.
2. What sanction is imposed for the new CPV.
3. Do they take any or all of his street time?
4. How was all time in custody credited? (New case, old case.)

Sorry to hear he is back in prison.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:45 AM

My parole hearing was in mid December and I didn't get My greensheet until late February. The holidays slow things up.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:48 AM
Together forever

My husband's hearing was 1 oct and he got it on Nov 18th. That was his first time going through this process. He had never been on any parole or probation.

Last edited by ggandtt01; 12-23-2015 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: full response
Old 01-16-2016, 07:57 PM

My boyfriend was sentenced in July and transferred to Fayette and he still doesn't have a green sheet. He was sentenced to a 2-4 and already served a year in the county.

Should he have been received a green sheet by now or does this sound about right?
Old 01-17-2016, 08:40 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,266 Posts

As he gets within about 4 months of his minimum date, he will begin the parole review process. He will be interviewed by the Parole Board. They will then render a written decision (called a green sheet.)

He should make sure that his time in the county jail was properly credited to his sentence by the court. That information is on his Sentence Status Summary, a copy of which was given to him shortly after he entered the state system.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:02 AM

Default Parole timeline from camphill

So I'm always on here searching for answers and I wanted to give everyone my experience. My LO is In camphill this was his second time seeing parole.
Saw parole 6/8.
Received green sheet 6/21
Home investigated 6/25 approved
Urine test 6/28
Results 7/4
Will be home week of 7/16.
I was impatient so a week after seeing parole I called our county parole office to see if they got papers to do a home plan. They told me yes. So I knew it was a go. The parole hotline didn't help. This is the most stressful thing ever. Doesn't move as fast as I'd like. But I stay on top of it. The reason I know he'll b home that week is I called the parole area at the prison and I ask questions all the time. They will give u the information u ask. Hope this helps someone