Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:11 PM

Default What is it like at Groveland Correctional in New York

Can anyone out there tell me how the guars and the inmates are at this facility? I had a nephew in here serving a 4 year sentence for violation of parole. H e died on fathers day of this year and it was told that he died while running from third base to home plate and in the mean time tripped and fell supposidly causing him to break his nose and neck killing him. We are getting the runaround from the prison as to how this supposidly happened and that the police report is far from done. We have heard that if the guards or other inmates in this facility hear that someone is getting out, that they cause them somehow not to leave only if they are dead. My nephew deserves to find the truth out so he can rest in peace! Please help if you can thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Donation Award 

I am so very sorry to hear about your nephew-I hope you get the answers you need.
I am moving your post to New York as members there might be able to help.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:18 PM
home since 8/06

Welcome,

Start here

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=630
Old 08-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Closed

My husband just got moved from Groveland and we heard about your nephew - how awful. He heard it did happen on the field, but didn't know much else. He was due out on merit parole this week and someone planted a can lid under his mattress, which all the CO's and everyone that I've spoken with know was a plant and a way to screw with him because he had an out date, so now he has been moved to Attica, is in keep lock and has lost privledges because of jealousy. He's in for a DWI and they have him down for weapons! I do understand what you mean about them not being able to "get out". It's ridiculous! I am working on an appeal for him, but if anyone has any helpful info - I would appreciate it.

Last edited by humbydear; 08-25-2006 at 05:09 PM..
Old 08-28-2006, 09:35 AM

I am very sorry about your nephew. I heard that he did fall while playing ball outside and broke his neck. My boyfriend is in Groveland and that's how he said it happened. Hope this helps. Take care.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:22 PM

To the family of who is wondering about groveland...............i was a inmate at groveland when this incident happend.........yes there is some corruption in some nys prisin environments. ...but at groveland there was not alot going on...or atleast on the surface...........it was a very unfortunate accident on the softball field that really did happen in your loved ones case....i believe his name was joey if im not mistaking. ..im very sorry if i am wrong......he was a active ballplayer...he alwats wanted to win....he loved to play the game for sure...and was VERY VERY good at at.....i have played against him many times...and sometumes i was just a spectator....i know this time of year especially you are all thinking about him and what really happend....im very sorry for your loss...and its unfortunate for something so rare to happen....if u would like to talk more or if u have any other questions or concerns that help u understand more feel free to call me at (Removed per policy)......thank u very much..jay

Last edited by patchouli; 12-14-2018 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Removed phone number
The Following User Says Thank You to Jennifercash For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 02:45 PM

Sorry i didnt know i couldnt add a number but now i do thanx
Old 12-15-2018, 08:27 AM

I think you are awesome to reach out.