Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:14 PM

Default What is a parole turn around??

Ok so I live in Texas and I was told my girlfriend who just got 9 years would be getting a parole turn around by the time she got to tdcj. Now as far as I know this meant that you went to tdcj just to get processed in and then you were turned around and let out on parole with or without a program before release. Is this like a guaranteed parole or does she still need to be voted on? Should she still have a parole packet ready? And does this mean she needs an address to parole to by the time she gets there? I'm just scrambling to get everything together and ready for her. This just all happened so fast and I'm just getting back on my feet myself. She has about 18 months back time if that helps. This is for an assault on a public servant.
The Following User Says Thank You to eg128990 For This Useful Post:
WeepingWillow (02-20-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2019, 08:46 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,785 Times in 16,039 Posts

I can't answer your question, and I'm sorry you have yet to get a reply Be patient, hopefully someone familiar with Texas will be along to answer your questions.

I do want to welcome you to PTO, though

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 02-20-2019, 08:56 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,775 Times in 1,302 Posts

She’ll still need to be voted on. They can do her review before she gets to TDC, and yeah, they could process her and release her quickly if she was granted the parole. But there are no guarantees. My husband was eligible for parole when he was sentenced as well due to back time. He still sat in county for two months and didn’t see the parole officer until he got to TDC (and was denied.)

I would get a parole packet ready - they’ll let her know when her file is pulled and then you can send in any info you want to, and yes, she should have a plan to tell them about where she’s paroling to.

Last edited by WeepingWillow; 02-20-2019 at 09:05 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WeepingWillow For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (02-22-2019), patchouli (02-20-2019)