Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:07 PM

Default Question about Phone provider for Union Parish jail

I have a friend that has been in Bossier for a little over a year and just last week completed what I think is called the Steve Hunt something program. He was able to call me Sunday night and tell me that he was going to be transferred, but did not know where.

Using the LAVNS system, I see that he is now in the Union Parish Detention Center, but that is all I see. He told me he would call me when he got put and one thing I am wondering is who is the provider that handles the calls for Union Parish (Aka, the people who milk you for everything you are worth, I am going to be glad if it is not city tel coin who is doing Bossier, those people are a ripoff, but who isn't really)

Also, know this probably is not the right place to ask, but on his rap sheet, he is supposed to be getting out on Sept 21st. He sent one to me and I can tell you that it was originally June of next year. He is eligible for parole now (PED: 12/14/15) (He had a hearing in July of last year, but was denied until he finished that program, or so he told me) Any idea on shouldn't he be getting a new hearing, or is it likely that he is going to have to go to September? Just wondering since he has never been told a date for anything, other than what is on the Rap sheet.. Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2016, 10:55 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,954 Times in 7,348 Posts

I'm really not sure what provider Union Parish uses as I have no experience with these people. Unless somebody comes along to give you an answer, your best bet would probably be to call the facility and ask them. When you do find out, let us know. It would be a huge help to other Louisiana members.

Now that he has finished the program, he should get an updated rap sheet, although I can't give you a time frame for that. With him being in a parish facility, that update can be notoriously slow.

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
johnmc318 (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
I'm really not sure what provider Union Parish uses as I have no experience with these people. Unless somebody comes along to give you an answer, your best bet would probably be to call the facility and ask them. When you do find out, let us know. It would be a huge help to other Louisiana members.

Now that he has finished the program, he should get an updated rap sheet, although I can't give you a time frame for that. With him being in a parish facility, that update can be notoriously slow.
Thanks.. I am not 100% but I am thinking he told me he got an updated copy the week before he left Bossier.. Which is where he told me to check the offender locator and then told me that it would be September of this year in place of June of next.

I have got to think that if he gets a chance to go before the parole board, they will grant him parole, Just getting them to do that now..

Thanks for the info again, I will post the info if and when I find out, Just wanted to let everything get settled with the move before I called.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnmc318 For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 12:34 PM

Just an update, he called and I had to setup a prepaid account with what I thought was MCI, however, when they charged my card, it was for NCIC Inmate phone services, which was who had the phones when he was in Natchitoches Parish. All the guy that took my information wanted was my card number and I had to put at least $25 on the account which I was told would amount to 10 calls give or take.

Now to call the jail and find out about visitation and mail procedures, will update when I find out what they are.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnmc318 For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (03-01-2016)
Old 02-24-2019, 12:38 AM

For anyone that may be looking in 2019, the phone provider for Union Parish Jail is Correct Solutions Group - csgpay.com
The Following User Says Thank You to EllyWelly For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (02-24-2019)