Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:40 AM

Lightbulb Please need info help about my case!

Currently extended my final pre-trial for 2 weeks.
According to my lawyer the only offer the DA is willing to make without any type of prison is SAFP w/ 5 yrs probation, which is something I keep asking my lawyer to keep pushing for a 30 day private rehab and the 5 year probation. Saying he will, but he is not confident on getting anything better, I am starting to run out of options. My original charge is tampering w/ evidence of under 2 ounces of marijuana (17 years old). Pled guilty for the felony charge and dismissing the marijuana charge, giving me a 2 year probation deferred. Wen ton to fail many drug test for marijuana and got sent to court, which resulted in me going to a 30 day private rehab. Got kicked out for not being cooperative, from there I went on the run for 4 years. After a cruise I got arrested for my warrants on December of last year. Catching up to me all the legal system ordeal, now I am looking to get my best outcome possible. I have proven that I am indeed not the same person I was at a young age 4 years ago (w/ a good amount of evidence: schooling, drug test, etc.) the Da doesn't seem to give up any probation still.

I have been investigating if taking a 2 year tdcj deal would be ideal, since it seems that this being my only run with the legal system I could have the possibility of doing 3 months and getting parole. (giving that I can prove that I am a good member of society). Please get back to me with any advice or info. This is nerve breaking and somewhat unreal giving the nature of my case.
Thank you for reading
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2019, 05:09 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,858 Times in 4,513 Posts

Hi there I am sorry to hear you are going through this. Your lawyer is the best person to speak to for advice. Your lawyer should know the best option for you.Good luck.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:24 AM

With your previous background of not following rules, no matter what your age was, they are not likely to release on parole on a 2 year sentence. If you can be successful with probation now, good luck. Take the SAFPE, summers in TDCJ prison or horribly hot.