Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 4 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 4 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Charlotte CI, Dade CI, Everglades CI, Homestead CI, Martin CI, Moore Haven CF, Okeechobee CI, South Bay CF, SFRC, SFRC-S

Old 01-30-2018, 12:58 AM

Default At South Florida Reception Center (SFRC), will home prison be Region 4, too

My husband was just moved to SFRC. All of this is so new to me and I have a million questions, but I am trying to search before asking. If he is in the Region 4 Reception Center, does that mean he will be placed in a prison in Region 4? Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2018, 07:14 AM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,979 Times in 1,421 Posts

You can find the different regions here.

The county jails in each region sends to the reception Center in that region. If he was transferred from CFRC, hes apt to be going to one in the SFRC area. If hes just going to SFRC from County, there really is no way to tell until hes done with reception.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjewel For This Useful Post:
mareetee60$ (09-24-2018), qp2012 (01-30-2018), xolady (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 09:18 AM

Thanked 5,983 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qp2012 View Post
My husband was just moved to SFRC. All of this is so new to me and I have a million questions, but I am trying to search before asking. If he is in the Region 4 Reception Center, does that mean he will be placed in a prison in Region 4? Thank you in advance.
Not always they try to keep people in their region but overcrowding is really what determines where they get sent.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
qp2012 (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 10:50 AM

Thank you! And I won’t be able to visit him while he is here, correct? Or can I send in a application?
Old 01-30-2018, 11:41 AM

Thanked 5,983 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Thank you! And I wont be able to visit him while he is here, correct? Or can I send in a application?
I think your supposed to wait till he goes to his permanent camp. I've been away from stuff for a while so my info on this is sketchy at best!!! But if he is a shorttimer he might be kept at SFRC which in my opinion was actually the best of places my husband ever was. But that goes on what he's in for and security level. Good luck with stuff and post what you learn so it helps others navigate the system.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:08 PM

Does anyone know how long they are holding people at SFRC? I was wondering if there will be a delay due to prisons damaged from Hurricane Michael and the tornado last month. I appreciate any info anyone can give me.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:09 PM
beautifully flawed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareetee60$ View Post
Does anyone know how long they are holding people at SFRC? I was wondering if there will be a delay due to prisons damaged from Hurricane Michael and the tornado last month. I appreciate any info anyone can give me.
my man was in RMC for 5 weeks. they said its usually a 4 to 6 week hold in reception.. the okaloosa work camp is almost finished being fixed and they will be moving people back there in a couple weeks.. my man is in the main unit at okaloosa and potentially be moving over there when they reopen. the other prisons are being looked at and repairs are being started from what I heard. so im not sure how that would affect them down there.

heres to the new me, she deserves better than what the old me has allowed..

Old 11-25-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPsQueen View Post
my man was in RMC for 5 weeks. they said its usually a 4 to 6 week hold in reception.. the okaloosa work camp is almost finished being fixed and they will be moving people back there in a couple weeks.. my man is in the main unit at okaloosa and potentially be moving over there when they reopen. the other prisons are being looked at and repairs are being started from what I heard. so im not sure how that would affect them down there.
Okay, thanks! I really appreciate the info!!
Old 03-27-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I'm also wondering about this my man just got sent here from county im sooo confused on how all this works
Old 03-27-2019, 07:57 PM
beautifully flawed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang6617 View Post
I'm also wondering about this my man just got sent here from county im sooo confused on how all this works
nothing is guaranteed in FDOC.. my man went to reception in region 2 and is in a prison in region 1 right now (we live an hour from 5 or 6 prisons and none of them he was sent to, he was sent 4 hours away). there are lots there from Miami and Orlando and tampa.. so I would say nothing is guaranteed..

heres to the new me, she deserves better than what the old me has allowed..

Old 03-27-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang6617 View Post
Plan on him going to region 1. We live in region 1 and they sent my hubby to region 2. If there is anything I can help with let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnielg For This Useful Post:
MPsQueen (03-28-2019)