Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:23 PM

Default Halfway Houses

It seems as though my husband probably is being denied for phase 1B With that being said, Im trying to get info on half way houses and how that whole situation works. I was told that they try to place them in the same county they paroling out too, but if no spots are available they may be sent elsewhere. They also said it depends on how full the HWHs are if they hold him there to wait for an opening or go ahead and send somewhere else. Anybody have experience on their loved one being sent to a halfway house not in the same county, and can advise how far they placed them away? Also, if anyone has had experience where their loved one was held for an opening for close to home, how long they were held in TDCJ?.. Im praying that hes sent close to home. There are 2 halfway houses within about 20 minutes of me that I know of, any info on HWHs in fort worth from experience would be great too! Im worried from the things ive read and wondering how bad it really is...
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2019, 04:50 PM

From what I've read and heard they aren't good. There is a lot of drugs and they seem to really push them to buy. I hope your experience will be better one, or hopefully he will be approved for 1b!
Old 03-26-2019, 05:48 PM

Unfortunately Ive read alot of the same things, and that they're not kept up very well like infested with bed bugs and etc.. I hate that its supposed to be a place to get them back on track for society but seems like its the total opposite He'd be much better off coming home to a supportive wife and kids who push him in the right direction. Makes no sense to me
Old 03-28-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenF View Post
Unfortunately Ive read alot of the same things, and that they're not kept up very well like infested with bed bugs and etc.. I hate that its supposed to be a place to get them back on track for society but seems like its the total opposite He'd be much better off coming home to a supportive wife and kids who push him in the right direction. Makes no sense to me
I agree, it's hard enough without adding all the stress that goes along with living in a halfway house.