Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:16 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,817 Times in 16,053 Posts

I'll be doing a happy dance, for sure, when I see you post that he's Home or, at the very least, that he's on his way

Its hard to get any rest when you're walking the floor - and that's exactly what I'd be doing if I were you right now FYI: staring at the phone does NOT make it ring

I hope you hear something today

patchouli, PTO Admin

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I'll be doing a happy dance, for sure, when I see you post that he's Home or, at the very least, that he's on his way

Its hard to get any rest when you're walking the floor - and that's exactly what I'd be doing if I were you right now FYI: staring at the phone does NOT make it ring

I hope you hear something today
Ohhh my you hit the nail on the head..horrible not knowing if hes on the bus right now or not..i didn't receive any calls from him today as of yet..grrrr..makes me think of a million things..could he be on lock down..did he get his release papers today..is he on the bus...just the unknown is eating at my brain...i have a good feeling today hopefully not tricking myself...ill keep ya posted..but wontknow anything till later
The Following User Says Thank You to Babyteetea For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-04-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 06:54 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,266 Posts

FYI: The home plan approval is sent electronically. Parole agents carry iPads and laptops so that they don't have to run to the office for every filing.

Once he sent the approval into the system, the PBPP main office in HBG had to finalize the release order and transmit it back to the facility.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:08 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Babyteetea....did he surprise you & make it home on the bus Friday?? Any word??

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-07-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Babyteetea....did he surprise you & make it home on the bus Friday?? Any word??
No he didn't surprise me..super stressed haven't spoken to him since Wednesday and today is sunday..i called the prison they was locked down Thursday and friday....he usually calls me every single day but cant figure out why no call..ughhhh...totally in the dark right now....Hopefully i hear something tomorrow being monday
patchouli (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 05:47 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Sometimes I think "they" (DOC / BOP) do these things just because they can, knowing everybody's nerves are getting frazzled. By the time he gets Home, you & I will both have to go wig shopping, or tie a bandana on our heads, to cover the bald spots where we've pulled the hair out

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-08-2019, 01:37 PM

Sooo stressed out haven't heard from him day 5 ..i called the prison and of course minimum information..but they did tell me hes in restriction...it could be good or bad..they can't say..wtf are they kidding me..it doesn't sound good to me but can someone please tell me ..beings he supposed to already be out on or after April 1st..what is the difference between good restriction and bad restriction....is it possible that because hes being released they put them there..separate them..sooo confused please help me with this...ty
Old 04-08-2019, 04:20 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Aw man That sure don't sound good, does it I'm not that familiar with PA....but they don't put inmates here in "restriction" while they're waiting to be released.

The PA Moderator is very knowledgeable, but he's also very busy and only checks in here on Sunday mornings. Hopefully someone familiar with PA release procedures will reply well before Sunday. I hate to say it, but it sounds like he may be in the Hole. Breathe!!! I've been wrong before Hope for the best and expect the worst

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-09-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Aw man That sure don't sound good, does it I'm not that familiar with PA....but they don't put inmates here in "restriction" while they're waiting to be released.

The PA Moderator is very knowledgeable, but he's also very busy and only checks in here on Sunday mornings. Hopefully someone familiar with PA release procedures will reply well before Sunday. I hate to say it, but it sounds like he may be in the Hole. Breathe!!! I've been wrong before Hope for the best and expect the worst
I really appreciate your response..still waiting to hear something..anything..sooo stressful..
Old 04-09-2019, 12:12 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

If he's in the Hole, some DOC's may only allow 1 phone call per month. But he should be able to write IF he has (they allowed him to take his) writing materials. He absolutely can receive mail, so send a letter / card, something asap. He'll need your support.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-16-2019, 06:30 PM

Tomorrow is day 14 ...hopefully something will happen soon..only received 2 letters both saying he didn't do anything ...nor has "Any" clue of why hes in there..Im sure he knows why..but just aint saying..he did mention weds ..soo hopefully something gives..hopefully this is over this week and he'll be home..but not sure how the release process works..after coming out of the hole...
patchouli (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 07:55 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

I'm sure the actual release is the same whether he's coming out of the Hole or out of his cell. I'll be sooooo freak'n happy for both of you when he finally does get Home Stay strong, something positive will happen soon

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-18-2019, 07:53 AM

Well today is day 15 ..starting to lose my patience ..nobody wants to give me any information except hes in the hole..not for how long or any reason why..what gibes here..horrible no information to know the well being of your love one..got my fingers crossed i hear something soon..not sure how long they can keep them in the hole..only thing the counselor told me was its up to the guards when they let him out..ughhbbb
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyteetea For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-18-2019), patchouli (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 05:46 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

He'll stay at least until they finish the investigation....I can't answer for what happens after that if they find him guilty

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-21-2019, 12:38 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,266 Posts

Hello.
First, there is no hard time limit to an investigation. The DOC policy on Administrative Custody (DC-ADM 802) gives them lots of reasons to be used to justify ongoing confinement. I do agree with you, though, that he knows why. He would have been handed a "Notice of Confinement" within 24 hours of being placed in the RHU.

He will get a green sheet telling him his parole decision has been rescinded pending the outcome of this matter. if he's fully exonerated, the Board will likely issue a new parole date. If, on the other hand, he's found guilty of some misconduct, he will be given a parole review date.

The institution staff is under no obligation to even speak with you. He's an adult. his counselor won't know what the Security Section is doing. Investigations are classified until complete. As for his well-being, he's probably in a single cell. The RHU is 23-hour lockdown. He gets out for time in a yard for an hour three times per week and he gets out for a shower three times per week. Staff walk by the cells every 15-30 minutes (on an irregular schedule for security reasons). Staff deliver meals to the doors. If they see a problem, they act on it.

All you can do is remain patient. I know it's tough.
patchouli (04-21-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 08:25 PM

Hes home he shocked me home on easter..yippppy..ty everyone..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyteetea For This Useful Post:
Itshardtowait (04-21-2019), patchouli (04-21-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 08:43 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyteetea View Post
Hes home he shocked me home on easter..yippppy..ty everyone..

patchouli, PTO Admin