Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:46 AM

Default My son is on the move

Hi everyone, my son was assigned to the Formby unit and is scheduled for release May 31, 2019. He does have a hold from Colorado. This week he has been transferred to Amarillo, Abilene, and now Huntsville. I think he may be there for extradition court (my other son just went through the same thing as was transferred back to his original unit) but I was wondering if he would be released from here or would he go back to Formby (this is not a release unit) since it is so close to his release date? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shanna
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2019, 09:53 PM

The Huntsville unit (commonly known as the Walls unit) is a major release point. Many inmates release from here, depending on where they re going upon release and their specific situation. It is also a stopover while headed somewhere else—part of the hub transportation route. But, if he is due to be released soon, he could be there for release. You can look up his information on the offender locator/information website and it will tell you where and when he is being released, if there are detainers, etc. In general, it is a little early for him to be there for a May 31 release, but it could happen.