Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:07 PM

Default Parole in Texas

My boyfriend was sentence to 20 years for possistion of a controlled substance last week. He has never beem to prison but does have some misdemeanor charge. I looked on tdc website and it said elegible for parole in jan. 2021 i praying he makes 1st parole what can i do to help. And when should i start
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2019, 07:06 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,486 Times in 1,428 Posts

He'll come up for review about 6 months before he's eligible for parole. You can put together a parole packet for him and there's a number posts/threads in this forum and others that deal with that project/PROCESS. If you're interested in a parole attorney to represent him that is another avenue or possibility. So....thats that. Right now just try to encourage him to stay on top of his priorities in there. His conduct record, nature of offense and the effort he makes to better himself thru school/vocational, his job and ITP (Individualized Treatment Plan) are what the parole board will look at in considering him for parole. How much time he has served .....flat time not good time is the foremost factor taken into account.
More than likely he'll have to deal with the misdemeanor when he gets out. I've never been faced with detainer /misdemeanor upon release from TDCJ so I'm not experienced in this. Most often I see guys deal with upon release or in some instances they'll write the district clerk or sheriffs department in the county where the misdemeanor is pending and deal with in whatever terms can be arranged. It's getting to where some counties won't give you the time of day when you attempt to write them so....I don't know. I don't know much about parolees that are immediately taken into custody by other law enforcement agencies upon release from prison but it does happen. Does that pertain to misdemeanor or felony or both? I don't know. Your loved one has time to sort through through that. Good luck to you both.

Last edited by Firebrand; 04-25-2019 at 07:08 AM..
Old 04-25-2019, 06:50 PM

Thank you for responding. Im so lost in all this and this has help me feel like im not all alone
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2015 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 06:19 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,486 Times in 1,428 Posts

You're never alone, dear. PTO is here for you. Always remember that.
WeepingWillow (04-26-2019)