Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Illinois that do not fit into any other Illinois sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:05 AM

Default Are tablets coming to more IL prisons?

My pal at Dixon says they've been saying for a while they're gonna start selling tablets, but they never do. Last letter from earlier this month said they're going to start selling them. Any word on this from anyone else?
The Following User Says Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-20-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2018, 11:41 PM

hola chica.
Mi loved one is not yet(we are praying with his law team)he will avoid prison winter 2019 altogether...However he is in county and was citing how where he is, they are supposedly to have tablets too or some already do, but i know that LAKE COUNTY he said has the tablets, so that's great for them over there, and i hope yours get his soon.
G-night.
Adios.

Life is too short to "settle."

#Strength is Power.

#KnowyourWorth

T.A.A.S.(there are ALWAYS signs.)Don't ignore them.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:25 AM

I spoke with someone who works at Dixon and they said IL is rolling out the tablets state wide in 4 sections over the next few months.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:42 AM
Donation Award 

Tablets arriving at Pinckneyville June 28!

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
trauma4us (05-27-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 11:17 PM

I think Dixon also has tablets in commissary now.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:09 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meami1 View Post
I’m curious if they have the photo capabilities

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 06-10-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
They do. My MWI ordered his last week and gets in the 17th I think.

Do messages sent/received to tablets take less time?
Old 06-10-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post
They do. My MWI ordered his last week and gets in the 17th I think.

Do messages sent/received to tablets take less time?
Yes, they still get reviewed, but definitely shorter time than mail. My LO doesn’t have one cus he’ll be out too soon to make it worth it. I’ll ask if anyone is using them yet and how they’ll work there
The Following User Says Thank You to Meami1 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 06:46 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Yes, they still get reviewed, but definitely shorter time than mail. My LO doesn’t have one cus he’ll be out too soon to make it worth it. I’ll ask if anyone is using them yet and how they’ll work there
It’s too bad they don’t let them give it to someone when they get released. Last year when Jesse got released he gave his nice gym shoes to sobeobe that didn’t have any, and cane out in his shower sandals lol and it was a big issue he had to say he lost them haha.

ILLINOIS.PAL (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:

I meant to compare tablets to kiosks - my bad!

I know for the kiosks (at least at Dixon) there's one woman (I think) who reviews the emails before they're sent/received. I wonder if email sent/received to tablets will go through quicker. I can't imagine they'd put all that work on that one lady LOL - could you imagine how the daily sent/rec'd is going to increase throughout the whole prison??? lord...
Old 06-18-2019, 09:48 PM

Would anyone happen to know why Dixon is no longer selling tablets? My husband was able to make a purchase for one last week. Today they got a memo saying that tablets will not be available for purchase. Those who purchased them recently (like my husband) were not given an explanation as to why OR whether they will be reimbursed for the purchase.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:28 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOVANDO View Post
Would anyone happen to know why Dixon is no longer selling tablets? My husband was able to make a purchase for one last week. Today they got a memo saying that tablets will not be available for purchase. Those who purchased them recently (like my husband) were not given an explanation as to why OR whether they will be reimbursed for the purchase.
Oh for fu@k sake! I’m so sorry to hear that. Illinois.pal is not gonna be happy I wonder if it has to do with connectivity issues with the WiFi. So are they just refunding and that’s that ? No more tablets for anyone?!

Old 06-18-2019, 10:59 PM
Donation Award 

Test signature

Old 06-19-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Well damn no wonder they were on full lockdown. Maybe I’ll call the prison and ask. Yeah... I’ll call and ask later. I hope they get refunds cos that shit was over $100 AND some have already purchased music packages.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:

Ok, I called the prison - the first shipment comes in today. The second shipment will probably come in next week. So everyone who ordered still gets a tablet - I didn't ask if they're still available though.

Also, the turnaround time for the emails going forward - still gonna be the same (honestly, it'll probably be worse lol). They have to screen each one as they did before, and that's during the hours the women who do the GTL stuff are there.

Last edited by ILLINOIS.PAL; 06-19-2019 at 08:24 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
hisprincess2019 (06-19-2019), jessesgirl1111 (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 10:44 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post
Ok, I called the prison - the first shipment comes in today. The second shipment will probably come in next week. So everyone who ordered still gets a tablet - I didn't ask if they're still available though.

Also, the turnaround time for the emails going forward - still gonna be the same (honestly, it'll probably be worse lol). They have to screen each one as they did before, and that's during the hours the women who do the GTL stuff are there.
Okay so then wtf? What’s the deal with them saying they are refunding?

Old 06-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
When I talked to my man this morning he was saying that they have been hearing the tablets will be available at Menard the first part of August. Hopefully it happens but we will see. Anyone know how much they cost? Are there different packages for the phone time etc that can be purchased?
Old 06-19-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I have to wonder if they got a memo about them being delayed and not necessarily not getting them at all. Like I said, I spoke with the woman who is in charge of GTL at Dixon (I call her all the time lol) and she said they’re coming out today and next week.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:59 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisprincess2019 View Post
When I talked to my man this morning he was saying that they have been hearing the tablets will be available at Menard the first part of August. Hopefully it happens but we will see. Anyone know how much they cost? Are there different packages for the phone time etc that can be purchased?
I believe the tablets are $100. There is an annual music package for $199 which is a “good” deal compared to buying music in small increments.

hisprincess2019 (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 01:32 PM

Talked to my husband a few min ago. He said that commissary is telling inmates that tablets are no longer available for purchase. Some guys he knows, just went to commissary and tried to purchase. So, my husband was confused if that meant that those who already ordered them and paid for them, wouldn’t be getting them after all. But from what I read here, looks like they will be. He said tablets cost $125
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOVANDO For This Useful Post:
hisprincess2019 (06-19-2019), ILLINOIS.PAL (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Talked to my husband a few min ago. He said that commissary is telling inmates that tablets are no longer available for purchase. Some guys he knows, just went to commissary and tried to purchase. So, my husband was confused if that meant that those who already ordered them and paid for them, wouldn’t be getting them after all. But from what I read here, looks like they will be. He said tablets cost $125

Yeah I think the original tablets they were going to sell were going to be $100, but since so much time elapsed they brought in a different, more expensive model.

But yes, your husband should get his tablet. My LO ordered his last week, and it should get to him today. If your LO ordered his last week, he should get his today.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:15 PM
Donation Award 

Okay so tablets are supposed to be available for purchase at Pettyville beginning tmro, fingers crossed. They’re $125. Has anyone purchased thru they jpay app for their LO? Mine doesn’t shop until Thursday he said I should be able to buy tmro on the app though.

Old 06-24-2019, 12:08 PM

Thanked 1,063 Times in 477 Posts

My son purchased his table approx 3 weeks ago and as of Friday had not received it yet. This is at Taylorville
Old 06-24-2019, 01:25 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma4us View Post
My son purchased his table approx 3 weeks ago and as of Friday had not received it yet. This is at Taylorville
Ugh! Have they communicated anything to them about the delay?

Old 06-24-2019, 06:36 PM

Thanked 1,063 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
Ugh! Have they communicated anything to them about the delay?
Nope - not a thing. And...lately his emails have taken a lot longer too. We usually get them in 2-3 hours but lately its been taking 2-3 days.