Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:00 PM

Default Mixed info about Texas phase 1b??

So my husband had the opportunity to possibly be released on phase 1b to come home after his program was completed instead of to a halfway house. His counselor told him one day he was approved, then came back the very next day and said he was not. The reasons that were given made no sense (in my opinion), and the reason was changed after he questioned the first thing he was told. Soo. I called Huntsville placement and release and was told they did NOT see a failed homeplan. Is there someone I can talk to about this? Ive left messages with the program director but havent got a call back. We really want him home, and our home is a much better environment than a half way house. I just need to know whats really going on and dont know what other avenues i can take.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2019, 04:22 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,486 Times in 1,428 Posts

If he goes to a halfway house it should only be for 90 days. In all likelihood he'll be there with you, it's just a delay if things work out that way. With all the classes and stipulations to keep up with in the early going it might be easier to deal with if he goes there first for the sake of not tripping up.
QueenF (05-09-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 04:32 AM

Does he have a parole officer for your county yet?
Old 05-07-2019, 09:32 PM

I went to the classes, he did his essays, etc. Not really sure what's going on but its very frustrating for them to say youre approved then come back the next day saying oh nevermind youre not. Theres been a few instances that have been frustrating to say the least. And i called a month or two ago to the local parole office and they told me he would not be assigned a PO until released. Is that not accurate? I have not received any calls from a parole office to verify address or anything. He has almost exactly 2 months left until the program at pre-release unit is complete.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:05 AM

Two months is an eternity with TDCJ! They often don't have anything finalized until the last minute. My son was approved and the next day I called TDCJ Release in Austin and they gave me the supervisor info to call the local parole officer. After as few calls between all the departments we had a release date in a couple of days.
The Following User Says Thank You to dtmom2013 For This Useful Post:
QueenF (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 05:25 PM

Good to know, thanks!! Guess ill just keep calling lol