Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Need help ideas w/denied visitation in TEXAS

I am new to this so please be patient!
It has been over 5 years since I have been allowed visitation. Short history on the situation: When the visitation privledges were revoked my friend (ex-husband) had testified against TDCJ for a case the FBI had. The warden on the unit he was on wanted to know the details and he refused to divulge the information. They placed him in ad-seg and revoked my visitation stating I was a "security threat". Shortly thereafter (several years ago) he was moved to another unit. Upon arrival to the new unit the classification officer said he should not have been placed in ad-seg and he was placed in general population again. He is nearing the completion of a bachelor's degree, has not been in any trouble ever within TDCJ. I have never been in any trouble within TDCJ or anywhere else for that matter. I have written to to DRC several times and have been sent the same form letter (3 times) stating visitation still denied. I have written the Ombudsman Coordinator requesting to be re-instated. I have also written my senator explaining the situation in detail and have requested assistance from them. No response from any of my letters as of today and it has been 2 months. He comes up for parole, 12-28-2006 on a 20 yr sentence. He was planning on paroling out to me. Several people have told me that if I am unable to even visit, it is very unlikely he will be able to parole to me. His family has disowned him. I am all he has in the free world. We have every intention of getting back together. I apologize in advance for the length of this post but I wanted all the facts presented. Is there anyone out there that can give me any suggestions, or something that I may have overlooked doing. I really feel like this has happened to others also. But frankly, I am feeling very alone in the situation right now. I thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

RosannaD
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2005, 06:34 AM

I know another woman in your situation she is not allowed to visit her husband either. He was moved and she was suppose to be able to see him there when she went up she was told she could not see him she has been fighting this for about a year tooth and nail the warden when she called told her if she showed up again they would have her arrested. There is a lawyer that is part of the aclu and I can pm you the email address she may be able to help you not for sure or tell you where to turn. This is what they told her also she turned in some of the guards for sexual abuse and they were fired and one is facing charges this is the only thing she can think of that happen. Good luck talk to you soon
Old 05-12-2005, 07:07 AM

I want to welcome you to PTO. It is a wonderful place full of kind, generous and knowledgeable people who will do their utmost to help and support you when they can.

Your situation sounds so unreasonable. I hope the aclu lawyer can help you. Good luck. Since I joined PTO I have never wanted to see Texas again!

Last edited by titantoo; 05-12-2005 at 07:09 AM..
Old 05-12-2005, 04:26 PM

I appreciate your support. I feel like we have waited an adequate "time" for punishment on a crime neither of us committed so I am ready to start squeaking. ( Squeaky wheel gets the grease! )
LOL - I agree -- I am not to fond of Texas at this very moment either. They seem very behind in the times compared to other states.
If you could pm me the ACLU person that I need to contact I would like that very much.

Thank you both again.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:05 PM

I wish I knew what to tell you- it's very unfair--- I recently went through a being denied for arrests and convictions that I never had. I ended up having to go directly to the FBI to clear myself- once they knew I had contacted them the situation cleared up very quickly! (of course I had been visiting over a year and my so-called 'record' just happened to pop up the exact day his family went over some heads to get him to be able to attend his Grandmothers funeral! so there you go! As I am his only visitor I guess I was the easiest pawn to play against him)

I realize how frustrating this can be- but to expect these facilities to be fair or just is folly! I agree with the post giving the information of the lawyer- but would say be careful how you proceed-Certainly not to scare of discourage you but I feel based on my situation they are not beyond retailiation against the inmate. Best of luck!!