Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Closed

MBB: I know what you mean. I also have a cousin that did 2 years as a SO and it was simply because he was 2 years older than her. Her mother caught him in the daughter's room and filed charges on him. So that's why I know that every case is different. Thanks for your help. I've been through his last 3 set offs with him and I'm praying that this next one will be the time he comes home, if not, then it's right back to square one again. I do know that our FAITH and TRUST in GOD will continue to make us both strong enough to take on whatever is placed in our paths.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2007, 02:24 PM

Beto's Angel:

Keep your head up, You are absolutly right our faith in God is
the only thing that gets me through sometimes. I had a good
friend who did 11 1/2 years for the same thing as my brother
a little older, my brother is still doing his time. My boyfriend
has been to SAFP 2 times and a unit for 11 months. He is out
and we are still trying to find the right after care. We take it one
day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time. But you stay strong
and everything will work out. My boyfriend calls me an OAK, because
I have stood by him and I take care of all my brother business, I
really didn't understand that when he said it 3 years ago. But it is
the strongest tree. But believe me my faith in God has helped me through
the journey with TDCJ. Good Luck and God Bless
Old 06-06-2008, 06:15 PM

I Spoke To Someonenamed Larkin Who Works With I.p.o And Said To Handwrite Them And Mail Them To I.p.o Are We Screwed New His Case Is In Review Right Now
Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 PM

I became a member last week. I am very grateful for all the information I've been getting. My son is up for parole next year or sooner and I already sent out support letters. I will keep sending them as often as I can. All my family is supporting him and friends hope for the best. It has been very hard especially when he lost his only son. I have passed my days praying and I know that out there are alot of moms doing the same thing for their love ones.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:56 AM

My brother just got transferred 2 wks ago. I was wondering when I should start mailing in support letters. HE is eligible for parole 2/5/2011.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:45 PM

Default Parole Packet

Not sure if it will help or not, but a I came across parolepacket.com

Good Luck!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:07 PM

Okay, you all that have all the good information
My bf is in and he talked to a lawyer who said he needs to get his parole packet done now so he will be ready and get it up and stuff cause he would be eligible in a couple months....
do i need to get all these letters and sne dthem all at once?

who do i call and ask about his case being up for review?

where do i send these letters?

he is an SO case...do we need a lawyer?

how can i explain that he is like sorry for what he did and understands that it was wrong and wont reoffend?

similarly, should i explain any of the why about his violating his probation, like state the bad thing and then explain how that happened?

Any answers are greatly appreciated. thanks you guys

oh oh, Am i supposed to send more than one support letter per person? Do i really need to keep them each to one page?

Last edited by mybabyd; 11-05-2008 at 11:08 PM..
Old 12-26-2008, 07:41 AM
LOTS OF FAITH

I just became a member today and i really want to thank you for your input. I have been trying for over a year to find something like this web site so i could get this info. I am so glad i came across it and again i thank you so very much.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:23 PM

Unhappy parole questions

OK I have a question, My hubby is in gurney unit in texas.Where do I send his support letters too?? Also how soon do I start sending them
Old 03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
missing my love

my man hasnt pulled chaing as of yet. he got 20 years. should i start the letters now or what? he says now. what do you think!!!!!!!???????

Old 03-25-2009, 01:32 PM

I am new at this..... My husband was transfered to Travis County and has not been in the system but for 1 month now and is coming up for parole on May 24th, 2009. I need to make a packet and really don't know where to start! I want to make sure it is done properlly and make sure they get it in time...... Where shoud I start? And what should I do?????? Worried and frustrated......
Old 03-25-2009, 01:56 PM

Shaneswife-
Get started now!! It is pretty easy to do, but is extremely time consuming. The more time you have to work on it and get it together the better. First off I would start out with having him write a letter of support for himself, next you should write one in support of him also and then get some family and friends about 3-6 should be adequate to also write letters of support. Include in those support letters how they will offer their support to your husband whether it be financially, a place to live, transportation, a job, encouragement, etc. If you take at look around the parole section you can find some great samples and more information. I am finishing up mine right now so if you have any questions about it you can PM me if you like and I will try my best to help you. Good luck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scchic For This Useful Post:
GraysonMom (03-25-2009), inthesameboat (01-30-2010), sadeyesford (06-24-2009)
Old 03-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,266 Posts
Default Parole Packet

Shane's Wife, here is a link with examples of Parole Packets (Stickey's at top of page). They are not difficult to complete but get started now. They can be time-consuming and May is around the corner. You'll need his TDCJ#. It should show up on the Offender Locator site after he's processed into a regular TDC unit. The link to the Offender Locater is the last link. If you have pop-ups on, you'll need to disable them from your browser.

The Parole Packet is basically just an organized collection of support letters from pastor, friends, family, potential employer, Certificate (if he's earned any), family photographs, etc. His letter should focus on how he's going to succeed on parole, basically his release plan. Where he may gain employment, living agreements, transportation, and meeting parole requirements. His letter should indicate he accepts accountability for his actions and plans/goals to never repeat them again. He should hand write his letter (may need template from you) and send to you, to be forward to the Board. I always send my letters, Certified Registerd Return Receipt and retain the green card when received. You may or may not receive a letter from the Board stating they received your letters. I've received one letter from the Board stating they recieved my letter. So don't worry if you do not recieve a letter from them, you'll have the green card receipt.

The family, friends, and other support letters should indicate ways in which they will provide initial financial support, help with living arrangements if needed, transportation needs, and emotional support. The family/friends support letters, should contain the good attributes of the offender, that would make him sucessful if paroled. They are not difficult to complete and once you start them it is hard to keep the letter to one page. Hopefully JRSMom will be along soon. There are many examples of support letters, here on PTO, that other members have posted. Hope this helps and Blessings as always.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594

http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GraysonMom For This Useful Post:
Duce8 (01-25-2014), inthesameboat (01-30-2010)
Old 03-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Donation Award 

Default Parole Packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingwesley View Post
my man hasnt pulled chaing as of yet. he got 20 years. should i start the letters now or what? he says now. what do you think!!!!!!!???????
Loving Wesley, you can start the packet anytime. With a twenty year sentence, I would wait until he's settled in a unit. Do you know what his charge was. Let us know and we will be happy to help. The parole packet instructions are posted above, as well as the Offender Locator Site. Sorry, I just seen your question and Blesssings as always.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:58 PM
SWEETHIPS

Default Letter to the parole board for middleton

My boyfriend has written me recently from Middleton, and states to send the letters to an address that is listed as the Board of Pardons and Paroles, but the physical address he listed is off of shoal creek. I am a bit confused now as to the correct address to send it to.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Donation Award 

Default Austin Parole Address

Tammy, here is the Austin address. I sent my son's packet Certified Return Receipt, just to ensure they received them. Hope this helps and Blessings as always.

Texas Board of Pardons and Parole
P.O. Box 13401, Capitol Station
Austin, Texas 78711

Old 09-07-2009, 02:31 PM

i am so confused about all this parole stuff... my husband comes up in april 2010...he tells me to do the support letters and i been readin bout these packets too???
Old 01-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Default Inmate support letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by been there 2 View Post
someone asked me about this from something i said earlier. Here are my views (which are similar to others.)

inmate support letters
as your loved one becomes eligible for consideration by the board of pardons and parole, there are many things that should be done to insure that he is not just a name and number to those people .it is just like selling a car. There a lot of them out there wanting consideration, but you have only so much time to spend while looking. The better you “sell” yourself, the better your chances are of being favorably considered.

The board considers hundreds of requests a month. They sift through a mound of paperwork every day, trying to discover those who are “really ready” to return to the free world, (and not prove an embarrassment to someone who voted for a violent recidivist).

what is a support letter?

support letters are proof that the offender now has, and will continue to have a network of friends and family to help when he or she is released. There are no rules, no format, no real requirement for one of these. But here are some guidelines and suggestions for you. Please use what fits your own special situation, as the board will not be very convinced of a “cookie-cutter” generic letter. Express yourself in the way that is personal and meaningful to you.

each support letter shows that:
A. I am a free world person who knows the inmate and cares about his/her future life.
B. I have given this inmate my free world input and guidance while he/she has been in prison.
C. I will be there with my support when he/she is released back to the community.
D. I know the good side of the inmate, and can help offset the bad side, which is in his/her criminal record. (which will be all that the board member sees otherwise.)
e. (i am a voter in the state of texas! I can and will exercise my right to remove from office the indifferent, the lazy, and the corrupt who ignore the voters of the state.)

everybody can write support letters

a. Immediate family members
b. Involved relatives; aunts, uncles, cousins
c. Close friends and loved ones
d. Respected members of your community, such as ministers, school teachers, religious teachers, businessmen, past and prospective employers, students, counselors, etc.
E. Your inmate’s tdcj supervisors or other people who have known him while in prison, such as the chaplain, counselor, teacher, volunteer from the community. (but remember that today, many wardens will not allow such letters to be written by staff members, or only after review by the warden).
F. People who know the spouse of inmate and can state that spouse’s support will be of value during the inmate’s re-adjustment to the free world.

what should support letters look like?

like all formal letters, a support letter should make a good appearance. It should be typed if at all possible. It should be on one page, if you can cover all you need to say in that length. Don’t ramble, talk about his/her childhood, or anything that is off the point. Keep it simple, keep it powerful and keep it positive. If the letter is from a business or professional person, it should be written on letterhead stationery.

where and how do i send my letter

all letters should be addressed to the:

Board of pardons and paroles, review and releasing,
p.o. Box 13401,
austin, texas,

There are two different viewpoints about how to send them. One belief is that each person writing a letter should send his/her letter separately and individually, so that the letters come in at random, and keep the file “stirring”. Others say that there is a better chance of letters getting “lost”, misfiled, or never arriving.

I have a third view (i usually do!). Combine both approaches. Have each person who submits a letter make a xerox copy to give to you. Then you know exactly who has written, and who blew you off. Then about a month before the hearing, xerox all of these letters and send them as a package, return receipt requested, to the board! This will let you see who has written the strongest letters, and you can ask them for a follow-up if the parole is set-off.

I hope these suggestions will help you in your struggle to get your loved one home.
thanks so much
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nurseyancey For This Useful Post:
BethStarr (04-09-2010), Dravenrain (08-22-2010), inthesameboat (01-30-2010), keith74mom (01-25-2011), traceyline (09-23-2014)
Old 01-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Lonely10

My guy when for po board already what should i do to help his case they decide in mid feb and info will great thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 12:47 AM

Hey everyone I have a question regarding parole. my girl has been eligible for parole since January 17th and when I called the local parpole board they told me they had pulled her file and that she would get interviewed within two weeks but it's been almost a month. every time I call to check they tell me the sane thing. Her IPO is in Huntsville, can anybody help me out here I'm getting desperate not knowing what's going on. She has three kids and we have one together and I am all they got right now is me and they keep asking when she coming home. I am trying my best but i haven't even been able to see her since she was moved to Plane jail, they told me i had to wait 30 days before she could send letters because that's how long the process takes. I don't even know if she has received any of my letters or j-pay emails i've sent her. can anybody help...

Last edited by fan2dabone; 02-12-2010 at 12:52 AM..
Old 04-18-2011, 03:22 PM
RedsWifey

My man comes up for parole mid june to mid july. I hired a lawyer too (Lori K Redmond). I was kinda iffy too but I decided that my mans freedom is well worth the $1900 that I payed. I am supposed to be getting some support letters ready but cant seem to put what I want to say on papers. I've got 2 letters from 2 different people already and 1 is from the victim!!! Do you think that will be a plus???
Old 12-19-2011, 04:43 PM

Default Getting it together...

Where do the support letters and parole packets need to be sent to in Texas? Address plz thank you!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:02 PM

Superstar of the Year 

Thanked 4,951 Times in 3,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisQueen4ever View Post
Where do the support letters and parole packets need to be sent to in Texas? Address plz thank you!
I think it's best to send the parole packet (incuding the support letters) to the reviewing boad directly. You can go here to find the list of the different boards. Then click on "See Assigned Units" under each one until you find your loved one's unit. That's how you will know which board is going to review him/her. Good luck!

[/color][/size][/center]

The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:
Duce8 (01-25-2014)
Old 01-04-2012, 03:09 PM
CandyTx

can you send support letters yearly even though your spouse isnt up for release for along time? does the board actually keep all the support letters if sent to them yearly ? just curious if im waisting my time or will it help in time?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:49 PM

Superstar of the Year 

Thanked 4,951 Times in 3,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyTx View Post
can you send support letters yearly even though your spouse isnt up for release for along time? does the board actually keep all the support letters if sent to them yearly ? just curious if im waisting my time or will it help in time?
There are mixed opinions about this. The pb will keep everything you send, but remember that the board members get to spend VERY little time with each file. I think it's best to send one concise packet when he is in review with all of the important info, but other PTO members disagree. Good luck!

[/color][/size][/center]