Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the South Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:21 PM

Default No Christmas Packages for Inmates in SMU

I just got a message today saying that my fiance wont get his christmas package since he's still at SMU at Lee Correctional. That makes me real sad because now he wont be getting what he asked for from the list. I guess they'll give me my money back? I suppose ill send him extra money so that he can get whatever from canteen. This really makes me sad. Oh well.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:26 PM

I am glad that you can look at the positive side of this situation. I am sure he will be just as grateful for receiving the funds to purchase other items that he may have need of?

Old 12-10-2005, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaranj2
I just got a message today saying that my fiance wont get his christmas package since he's still at SMU at Lee Correctional. That makes me real sad because now he wont be getting what he asked for from the list. I guess they'll give me my money back? I suppose ill send him extra money so that he can get whatever from canteen. This really makes me sad. Oh well.
Can't they just give him the package once he's released from SMU? That's just absurd that they'd keep it from him once he's no longer in SMU.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:04 AM
California Dreaming

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 1,474 Times in 750 Posts

I just found out my son wont be able to recieve his either. he is at Stevenson in the shock program and they arent allowed any at all ! Now I will have to try and call them back and find out if they plan on giving me my money back! which they best hope they do or I may be joining my son for the holidays! ughhhhhhhhh it woulda been a lil helpful for the site to let you know a lil more infor than it does!!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:17 AM

I agree with you both. My son was in SMU at Lee a couple of years ago and he couldn't receive anything either. It digusted me. I mean what can a little food and some underwear do to someone.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:18 AM

Well, my son still doesn't have his package. I called Access Catalog today and they told me that it is still "in their warehouse" and hasn't even shipped yet. I asked them about the 12/16 deadline and she said that not all packages will be shipped by then. I hate that junk. I ordered fairly early. So I guess it really doesn't matter when you order, they just ship it when they get ready.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrtbrokenmom
I just found out my son wont be able to recieve his either. he is at Stevenson in the shock program and they arent allowed any at all ! Now I will have to try and call them back and find out if they plan on giving me my money back! which they best hope they do or I may be joining my son for the holidays! ughhhhhhhhh it woulda been a lil helpful for the site to let you know a lil more infor than it does!!
Sorry to hear about that. Your son is at Stevenson? I wonder if we've crossed paths?
Old 02-12-2006, 01:51 AM
California Dreaming

might have but since i was only allowed 3 visits his entire time there i probably wouldnt recognize a soul. I do know all the staff i came across when i did visit was wonderful

Old 02-22-2006, 12:57 AM
California Dreaming

my son graduated and came home valentines day and he was in red platoon. shortest one in his platoon and a leader of his platoon. that help you? oh and he got his eyes on the prize which im just as proud of it as he was.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:36 AM

congrats and whoopee! I am so happy for you both. Good luck and God bless you. But remember to keep checking in here. Don't forget we are family and we are still here if you need us.

Barb