Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Telford2Home-2017 or less

Default Great Advice!!!

Thank you for this advice, mlk2001! I am in the process of debating whether or not to go for a common law marriage to my fiance or to concentrate on getting him paroled. I'm new to all of this and after over a year "with" him, I really want him out of there but while he's there I want him to be as happy as possible so he will have the motivation to work toward getting out of there! I'm still looking around for all necessary contacts and information so if anyone has anything to share that I may have overlooked, feel free to share. I just started focusing on this over the weekend so I pretty much have nothing at this point except the drive and desire to bring my Anthony home!

May God bless all of you and your loved ones!
lmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk2001
Usually the chances of parole are the first time up 25% chance second 50% and so on. A lot of variables come to play with that also. Crime, history, cases and adjustment. All in all there is no guarentee that one will make parole. Kind of like no method to the madness so to speak.

Help him by writing support letters. Prove to the board that he had changed. It would be a good idea that he would write one for himeself also. They need to know he has changed and won't reoffend.

Good luck on the review!
We are together forever in our hearts.
:love: 2 :love:
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2007, 10:23 AM

Default urgent need of advise

jojacks I got the packets done and last friday sent to austin 2 to shoul creek and one to capital city . I included the employment and 4 different FAMILY letters of support . Including my moms letter and my fiances letter and essay my question now the packet included table of contents resume essay from Richard parole letter from him anyways its about 7 pages long austin told me they were to be sent there and on that new site it says aycock is parole board member should I fax a copy to him and mail originals ?? they said in austin its being handled by gatesville (review process) help please confused!!!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:26 AM

Yes, I would do that, and make sure you keep copies of everything!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Parole Packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedsgal
My husband wrote and said he saw his parole counselor, and to send the packet, now! Problem is, I still haven't received his letter. I'm thinking about just sending the letters I've collected to the IPO, the Parole Board in his region, Austin, and Huntsville. Should I send them as a packet presentation, without his letter? Or just send them as a batch of letters, or individually? I've worked my tail off compiling all this..you'd think he has the time to write a letter on his own behalf!!! (his nickname is HardHead)
Where do you get the parole packets?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:43 PM

Hi there!! I have letters from friends and family ready to send in to the Parole Board, what else should I include in it? Also, he was recently moved back to County and he's now back into a transfer unit, who do I send this to now???
Old 01-31-2008, 01:29 AM
Life is like a spliff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTROROMOM
Thanks for the clarification. I called the 1/800 number to get his parole info. It only gave his initial parole review date. How can I find his Parloe hearing date and can I attend?
1/800 number??? May I have it???

I want to help out my guy with his parole, but I don't have any of his parole info whatsoever. I'm thinking that the 800 number would be a good start! All I know is that he's elegible for parole this year, (this is his second time), maybe sometime mid-year.

I've started a letter of support for him, and by the looks of it I don't necessarily have to submit it with a parole packet, is that correct?? My guy's at Hughes Unit in Gatesville, so will he be reviewed by the Gatesville board?? Lastly, can I discuss his parole process with him via letters?? Can I send him the parole packet forms so he could fill 'em out himself?? That's the only way I can discuss his cases, and well, pretty much anything, and I don't know if that's even allowed, or advised? ... Please direct me!

Last edited by CHELpea; 01-31-2008 at 01:47 AM..
Old 02-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Donation Award 

ChelPea, I discussed my husband's parole packet, etc. with him via snail mail because, like you, that was the only way I could do it. These guys have lost control over virtually every aspect of their lives. I know my husband enjoyed the fact that he could take back some control by making decisions about his parole packet and all that goes with that.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Life is like a spliff...

thanks crone! i'm hoping that i hear from him soon because he should be answering some of my questions regarding his parole... for starters, i need to know when the parole members should be making a decision. i have a feelin he's met with his ipo already, i dunno, but like i said, i hope i hear from him soon!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Donation Award 

There's really no way to know when they will be making their decision. Throughout the years I've called the parole status line anywhere from six months before he was up for parole to the day before the board rendered their decision and was always told, "his file has been pulled for review. Call back in 30 days).

There is no 'hearing' so to speak in Texas. Attorneys will often get a 'attendance with the Queen (PB member)". I see this as a good thing because clearly they (the Gatesville Board) aren't reading the support letters or the inmate's file. I'm more than a little jaded about this issue given that we have now suffered our 5th denial from the PB.

In any event, go ahead and send in your support letter(s). Hopefully there will be a board member that is a little curious or even interested in reading something positive about the inmate.

Last edited by Crone; 02-03-2008 at 08:57 AM..
Old 02-11-2008, 06:29 AM

where can i get a parole packet?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Son to Afghanistan 11/11

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,190 Times in 1,288 Posts

Jeremys girl...You make one yourself. There really is no ready made "packet". At the top of this forum are "stickys" with alot of information on what to include and instructions and how to send. Several people have done their own and been approved for parole. I know it sounds like a huge task, but I think you will be just fine.

You can look around and then ask questions if you need to. There will be plenty of people to help you.

Good luck to you

Tracy

Formerly Known as Joshiesmom
Old 03-16-2008, 08:50 AM

My boyfriend just got another set off of 3yrs for the 2nd time. Now my question is, When should I start with the support letters and all that?
Old 03-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Donation Award 

Wow! A three year set off sucks!!

You can start working on your support letters at any time but personally I find that there is no need to send them in until it gets closer to the time for his next parole review. Some people like to send in their letters more often than that.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:47 PM

I have another question. If the family of the victim continues to send the parole and pardons their letters so that he (my boyfriend) wont be allowed to make parole everytime that he is up for parole.Will that always mess up his chances even though we do the best that we can with his package? I have never been involved with his package before. His mother and brother were the once to do all that. But they wouldnt put any effort into it. So now this time around he wants me to do his parole package. And I am trying to get as much info as I can and thanks to this site and to everyone I know that I will do good. I have also joined TIFA. I have heard very good things about this organization I am praying that I get some kind of knowledge so that I can help my baby come home.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Oct 8th he will be home!

Okay, I need the number to the parole board in fort worth, texas. i cant find the correct phone number for that.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:26 PM

were can i get a parole packet .
Old 04-17-2008, 01:34 PM

Thanked 4,963 Times in 2,974 Posts

Most people put one together themself. It is not something you buy but is a collection of letters or documents that might support parole. For instance, you or others can write letters of support. You might include copies of any certifications, degree or diplomas that he has. If you can secure a job offer for when he is release a letter stating that would be very good. Perhaps a parole plan written out stating where he wil llive and how he would be supported. Just about anything positive or helpful can go into a parole packet.

Some people hire a parole attorney and the attorney may do it and some people hire a parole attorney and the parole attorney ends up using or relying on a parole packet that the client had already put together.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RobinsMan For This Useful Post:
GraysonMom (08-09-2008), liz1005 (03-18-2009), so sad (01-17-2012)
Old 04-28-2008, 09:29 PM

My husband is in prison at the Hughes Unit in Gatesville Texas. He is in Ag-Seg. He came up for Parole and they denied him for the second time. I sent support letters and even a support letter from his former employer. But they still denied him. They told me the reasons where cause he was repeated offender and because of his past record. He comes up again in April of 2009. What can I do and what can he do to better help his chances of coming home?
The Following User Says Thank You to missmybigdaddy For This Useful Post:
so sad (01-17-2012)
Old 05-13-2008, 11:06 AM

Can someone please help me. What are your thoughts regarding hiring an Attorney to handle my brothers parole????????? Is it a waste of money? Should our family do it on our own???
Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 AM
One day at a time...
Donation Award 

I was planning to send the parole pack to Austin, and discussing with my mom(who did one for my brother last year(he's home since December now) and she told me that there was at least 2 places if not 3 that I would need to send the pack to. She can't remember where. My guy is in Smith unit in Lamesa. Do I need to send one to them? To the regional office? Where? He's done 10 of 15 and had a 2 year set off the first time. He comes up again this coming April. If I need to send 100 of the things I will, I just need to know who all needs them. Thank you, Gina
Old 09-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,189 Times in 607 Posts

Is he up for review right now? If so I would send one copy to the parole board of that region as well as the IPO at his unit. Also send a copy to your loved one. If he isn't in the review process right now you can send a copy to the main address in austin.

Best of luck to you!
The Following User Says Thank You to MoMo For This Useful Post:
x4livin (09-29-2008)
Old 09-29-2008, 11:32 AM
One day at a time...
Donation Award 

His parole date is april of 09. He's telling me that they start reviewing up to 2 months before the date and by that date, they already know their answer. Soooo..maybe..not sure..but soon. How do I find the address for the regional parole board? I have the one for Austin. Anyone else that might need a copy of it? Thank you, Gina
Old 09-29-2008, 11:33 AM
One day at a time...
Donation Award 

Ipo?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:42 AM

IPO = Institutional Parole Officer (The one who does the "interviews with the inmate at the unit level")

Parole address for Smith Unit's region can be found here
Along with more Unit Specific Info as well Here

Last edited by Unbroken; 09-29-2008 at 11:46 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Unbroken For This Useful Post:
x4livin (09-29-2008)
Old 09-29-2008, 11:49 AM

Thanked 4,963 Times in 2,974 Posts

Actually, they can start the review process much earlier than two months before their PED, especially if it is their first time up. However, there is no guarantee that they will have the answer by that date. IPO has two different meanings that are almost the same thing. There is Institutional Parole Office and there is Institutional Parole Officer. One is the person and the other is where that person might work. A parole review will include a visit by an IPO. Smith unit falls under the Amarillo local parole board. Contact information for that office is ...

Amarillo Board Office
5809 S. Western, Suite 237
Amarillo, TX 79110
806-359-7656

Parole panel doing to voting consist of one parole board member and two parole commissioners.

Charles Aycock, Board Member
James Poland, Parole Commissioner
Charles Shipman, Parole Commissioner

Last edited by RobinsMan; 09-29-2008 at 11:51 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to RobinsMan For This Useful Post:
x4livin (09-29-2008)