Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:32 PM

Default What do I use ?

My husband will be coming up for parole in May 2017. This may be a stupid question, but what do we use to keep all the papers together if we send the offender copies. Don't want them to send back saying contraband was found. I mean what kind of folder or holder do you use to put all the information in. String lol? Please help first timer
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2016, 05:01 PM
Donation Award 

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about as far as copies that you're sending him, but you just send the copied pages. You might put them in a larger manila envelope so he can keep them all together. No rubber bands, paper clips, staples, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to edjuko For This Useful Post:
Guccigir1 (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 07:30 PM

Ok... So for any of the packets I send out... The papers don't need to be bound together in some sort. What about to the parole board? Should I use some kinda of report folder?
Old 10-26-2016, 12:06 PM
Donation Award 

I didn't put my parole packet in any sort of folder. It just adds a step for them because they'll have to remove it to scan it into the system. I would just place the pages in the correct order and put them in a large manila envelope with your cover letter and drop it in the mail. Assuming you're talking about the parole packet, I sent two copies to my son -- one for him to keep and one for the IPO. I sent one to Austin since I got it in before he went into review. I also kept a copy for myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to edjuko For This Useful Post:
Guccigir1 (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 09:30 AM

Thanks edjuko, this is my first time doing this so I want to get it right. Thank you for explaining about the scanning and all. When ever I hear Parole packet, I think " book" or "report". I know the parole percentage is low in Texas but it's always worth a shot! ��
The Following User Says Thank You to Guccigir1 For This Useful Post:
edjuko (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccigir1 View Post
Thanks edjuko, this is my first time doing this so I want to get it right. Thank you for explaining about the scanning and all. When ever I hear Parole packet, I think " book" or "report". I know the parole percentage is low in Texas but it's always worth a shot! ��
I understand. We all want to whatever we can to help! Good luck to you.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedsgal View Post
My husband wrote and said he saw his parole counselor, and to send the packet, now! Problem is, I still haven't received his letter. I'm thinking about just sending the letters I've collected to the IPO, the Parole Board in his region, Austin, and Huntsville. Should I send them as a packet presentation, without his letter? Or just send them as a batch of letters, or individually? I've worked my tail off compiling all this..you'd think he has the time to write a letter on his own behalf!!! (his nickname is HardHead)
Did you ever get a response to this question?? Im in the same boat?
Old 07-18-2018, 08:18 AM

Does anyone know of an up to date 2017/2018 way of getting a list of approved places an inmate can parole to if they have no friends or family to go to? I understand he will have to write letters finding a place that will take him but the only lists I can find online are seriously out of date and I don't know if they are tdcj approved places or not even. Thanks for your help!
Old 09-03-2018, 10:06 AM
Donation Award 

Lady in Oklahoma looking for recommendations for a parole atty in Texas. She knows nothing about Texas and has know idea where to fined a atty. Any names would be appreciated. I will forward to her. From what she understands she needs a atty for her son. Hearing is in March 2019 Thank You in advance!
Old 09-03-2018, 10:07 AM

I don't mean to be a thread hijacker, but I don't know how to start a thread. I'm hoping someone will take pity on my ignorance, lol.

My LO comes up for parole in March. The TDCJ website does not show him to be in review. How early do I need to send his parole packet?

Also, I have read to send him a copy, a copy to his local parole board (Huntsville) and Austin. There are two "central" office addresses in Austin. Does it matter which one I send it to?

Thank you all for your patience.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:40 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,782 Times in 2,077 Posts

leeza - I moved your post here as this is the parole packet thread

How to start a new thread? When you are on a main page of any forum (you see different threads listed on that page) - in the upper left corner you can see a black square with white text saying: New Thread. Click that to start your own thread.