Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > GREEN HAVEN HUB - NY DOCS
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GREEN HAVEN HUB - NY DOCS New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the GREEN HAVEN HUB - Green Haven, Downstate, Fishkill, Beacon, Taconic, Bedford Hills.

Old 05-26-2005, 05:27 PM
home since 8/06

Welcome....

Downstate Reception or Downstate CF?

go to these ....start here!

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82960

Last edited by Manzanita; 12-21-2005 at 12:05 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2005, 04:03 PM

thanks everyone, I got to see him it was amazing just to be around him for a few hours
Old 05-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Loved Alwayz

Default How Long Does It Take To Communicate With Someone From Downstate

I Have A Question. My Bf Was Sent To Downstate From The County. He Has Been There For About 2 Weeks Now. The Thing Is That The Saturday He Was Received, He Wrote Me A Letter. I Received It On Wednesday. I Sent His Response Letter Off That Day As Well. Im Thinkin Maybe They Received It On Friday And Didnt Give It To Him Being That He Was In There For Less Than A Week. I Dont Know How Long They Would Have To Be In There For Them To Receive Mail. Can Someone Help With This?

Old 05-29-2005, 10:21 AM

My husband was sent to downstate from county. I got his letters right away and he got mine.....I had no problems with the mail there. He could start receiving mail right away. I think the only way he wouldn't get the mail is if he were transferred already...Some guys were transferred out of there in as little as two weeks. I would call and make sure he is still there or look him up on the NYC Doc website. If he is still there, he will probably get his mail!
Old 05-29-2005, 10:31 AM

Welcome to Pto....Looks like you got some good information Just please please remember to call downstate before you go! Call the night before.....For some reason I am remembering 8pm..I used to call by 8pm......I seen so many people get turned away because their person they were visiting, was transferred already....
Old 05-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Loved Alwayz

Thank you for the information. It was greatly appreciated. I noticed your signature. Congratulations on your upcoming addition to your family.

Old 05-30-2005, 05:51 AM

Default How Long at Downstate?

I am totally new to the prison system.
My son is at Downstate since 5/9. He is supposed to be placed in a minimum security facility. Does anyone know which one is closest to NYC?

What can be done in order to request transfer to a facility close to home? Much thanks and God Bless......
Old 05-30-2005, 06:30 AM
Banned

Default Time at Downstate

While the average stay is 2 weeks it can be longer or shorter depending on a variety of reasons including bed space, testing, exams, etc. How do you know he is going to a minimum?
Old 05-30-2005, 02:22 PM

Thank you! Have you heard from your bf?
Old 05-31-2005, 11:31 AM
Loved Alwayz

Nope, havent heard from him in almost 2 weeks. This is frustrating. Letterz used to come quickly. It wouldnt take no more than a week for me to write him a letter and for him to respond back. Maybe he has some trouble in there or something. I just hope I hear from him soon.

Old 05-31-2005, 03:09 PM
Not active-find *********

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,378 Times in 3,006 Posts
Default put his DIN into the DOCS site and make sure he is

still there--you can also call the facility and ask to have them check if he is there and if there has been any lockdown or anything that would hold up mail. They are usually pretty helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvenMyBabyBoy
Nope, havent heard from him in almost 2 weeks. This is frustrating. Letterz used to come quickly. It wouldnt take no more than a week for me to write him a letter and for him to respond back. Maybe he has some trouble in there or something. I just hope I hear from him soon.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Old 06-10-2005, 10:24 PM

Default virgin

hi. i've never been in a chat room before or done anything like this before. i'm so sad about my husband being in jail. his sentencing is on july 5 but the plea is 6 years. is it possible that if i ask for leniency on his sentencing he may get it? does anyone know anything about a violent felony over-ride? if he gets into a prison with the family program, how long does he have to be there before we get trailor visits? i have so many questions. i don't know anyone who has been through a similar situation which is why i am trying to get involved with this prisontalk thing. any input would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Missing_My_Friends

First of all welcome to PTO...glad to have you here! Second if you would like to chat with some of the members, just go to the top of the screen, left hand side and click on chat now. Also you may want to make a intro in your state forum and you may find some other members in a simular situation or that have experience with the trailer visits. If there is anything else you need feel free to PM me anytime!

Last edited by melbo; 06-10-2005 at 10:40 PM..
Old 06-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Hi and welcome to PTO! I moved your post to the New York forum as they'll be able to answer your questions...

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 06-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Ken's Loving Wife

Hello and welcome to PTO! There are a few variables to your questions so it would not be right for me to generalize too much. It will take a while to get through sentencing, movong, and processing. Each facility has it owns little differences as to how they do things. You will find lots of information, support, and understanding here. I am glad you have found this place.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:45 PM

Hi and welcome to PTO..Glad you found us! Let us know when he gets sentenced and where he goes....At the facility my husband is at, it says you have to be there 90days before applying for the family program and they say it takes 90days to approve, but I heard it can take forever! GOOD LUCK!
Old 06-27-2005, 08:00 PM

My BF has been in downstate just over a week. He is there on a parole violation. Anyway, he just got a job there as a porter....he didn't say that they would be making him serve his time there or anything, he is still expecting to be moved.....just because he was given that job does it mean he has to stay in Downstate???
Old 06-27-2005, 08:04 PM

No- As Soon As A Bed Is Ready In Another Facility, He'll Be On His Way Out!

MISS MY BABY
Old 07-10-2005, 07:38 PM

Thanks for replying!!!

I just went last week to see Jake and called tonight becuase I was planning on going to Downstate tomorrow to visit but they told me that he isn't able to have visits because he is on the transfer list. The draft is on a friday right? So does this mean that he will be moving tomorrow morning or is it just anytime during the week? I am in absolute agony not knowing where he is going and if he'll be able to call me when he gets there. How do you all get through this? I feel like crawling up into a ball and not coming out of it until March 06 when Jake comes home. He is a parole violater but we were not together when he was away the first time, we didn't even know each other then. I know I can't crawl into that ball because I have an 11 month old to take care of (not his biologically but he is definatly his dad!).

Heather
Old 07-27-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Can packages be sent to downstate reception?

I know that normally on there for a short period of time, but he has asked for a few things (food items). He has been at Downstate since 7/19 and is waiting for a minimum placement, so I think he might be there longer because of that. Are they allowed to have commisary accounts becuase IO sent him a money order to hold him over in case I couldnt get a pckage through. Any helpp would be appreciated - these boards are great, but there is so much information here its kind of overwhelming.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Not active-find *********

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,378 Times in 3,006 Posts
Default in Elmira reception

he would have to have been there 14 days before he can get a package. But cal the facility and ask--they will take his DIN and let you know what he can have. He would have received a list of the items he can have and not have. But you need to read the posts under Downstate--it seems like they move people out of there pretty fast-yes there are a lot of posts but that is because there is a lot of good info
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107411

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Old 08-09-2005, 06:51 PM

my fiance just got transferred to downstate its only 30 minutes from where i live. i want to go se himm. but from im reading its not that pleasent. im going to try it i love him. i'll be prepared.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:44 AM

good luck and keep smiling, don't let the process of getting in there get you down, for the prize at the other side is worth every bit of chaos we endure to see their faces, touch them, kiss them and just to be with them, even if it's under the watchful eye. enjoy your visit and take in as much of him as you can.

Old 09-06-2005, 08:59 AM

Please Quit It!!! Downstate Correctional Facility Is Pretty Decent.
1st Of All Ladies, You Are Going 2 A Correctional Facility So You Should Dress Like It. That Means, No Short Dress, Skirts Or Shorts. Nothing See Through. No Sleeveless Shirts Or Belly Shirts. Your Not Going To A Club So Don't Go There Like You Are And Then Get An Attitude With The Officers When They Try To Explain To You That You Are Inappropriately Dressed. Believe Me Its Much Better For You And The Person That You Are Seeing If Your Dressed Nicely And Not Sleazy.

Yes B4 U Visit Make Sure That You Call The Night B4, Around 6:30, To See If He Is On The Draft List Or Not. 845-831-6600

$: You Can Leave $0 - $50. Right At The Front Desk.

Packages: No Clothing. I Repeat Do Not Bring Any Clothing. The Only Inmates There Who Can Receive Clothing Are Cadre Inmates And You Wont Know If The Guy Your Visiting Is Cadre Or Reception Until You Come And Visit Him. So For The 1st Visit Don't Bring Any Clothing. What You Can Bring Is 35 Pounds Of Food. Snacks, Candies, Fruits, Vegetables, Drink Mixes(max 32 Oz), Meats. Make Sure That Any Food You Bring And Or Send Is Sealed Except For The Fresh Fruits And Vegetables. All Food Must Also Say Pre-cooked On The Packaging Anything That Needs To Be Cooked Or Microwaved Will Be Sent Away. Deodorant Is A Must Please Send It In Unlimited Amounts. I Would Suggest That You Send More Cosemetics Than Food Because It A Sure Thing That The State Will Feed Them But They Are Always Running Out Of Soap And They Don't Supply Them With Deodorant Or Lotion. And That Statement About Not Being Able To Bring A Package For A Few Weeks Is False. As Long As You Have Called And Verified That The Inmate Is There At Downstate He Can Receive Packages Immediately. If You Can't Visit You Can Mail It. And Don't Waste Your Money On Express Mail Or Next Day Delivery.

Well I'm Done For Now I Had To Get A Little Of That Off My Chest. If You Have Any Questions Feel Free To Ask Because I Have Been Dealing With Downstate And There Staff For 7 Years And Have Not Had But One Problem There.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:01 AM

That's Not True He Can Receive A Package Immediately.

Last edited by Manzanita; 09-06-2005 at 06:12 PM..